Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2016

The upside...

...of not being able to sleep:

Dawn

Sunrise

Getting to greet them.

When I sit in the sand at Nantasket or on the seawall steps here at home, watching the neon hued sky, witnessing all the crazy pinks and oranges reflecting off the sand and water, I’m filled with peace and a bit of hope.

Dawn. BEST time of day.

And, in the dawn, armed with a burning patience, we shall enter the splendid cities.
~ Arthur Rimbaud

Of the things we fashioned for them that they might be comforted, dawn is the one that works.
~ John Banville, The Infinities

Dawn and its excesses always reminded me of heaven, a place where I have always known I would not be comfortable.
~ Marilynne Robinson, Housekeeping

And we drove towards the widening dawn, that now streaked half the sky with a wintry bouquet of pink of roses, orange of tiger-lilies, as if my husband had ordered me a sky from a florist. The day broke around me like a cool dream.
~ Angela Carter
 
Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?
~ L.M. Montgomery

Man starts over again everyday, in spite of all he knows, against all he knows.
~ Emil Cioran

Look, the morn, in russet mantle clad,
Walks o’er the dew of yon high eastern hill.
~ Shakespeare 


No comments:

Post a Comment