Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Random Bits from the Book of Bob

Hope is not a commodity.

Too many people, the world over
Are backing their metaphysics
With Bombs.

People need food, shelter,
Medicine and safety.
They do not need invisible goodies.
~~~~~~
Here’s something I liked when I was in an academic environment – people used to not only like my poems but would explain to me what they meant and where the symbolism was and all sorts of things I’d never thought about. (//snort//)
~~~~~~ 
“I’ll play it first and tell you what it is later.”
~ Miles Davis
~~~~~~
I’ve developed an aversion
To meeting people I once knew long ago –
So many questions about mutual friends get answered
By obituaries.
~~~~~~
Why’d I give my heart to baseball?
You never know what’s next.
Yesterday they played normal;
Today they’re total wrecks.
~~~~~~
Donna’s art: Space Age Primitive.
~~~~~~
“It is only in his work that an artist can find reality and satisfaction, for the actual world is less intense than the world of invention.”
~ Tennessee Williams
~~~~~~
The main difference between a wedding
and a wake is that, at a wake,
you don’t get a slice of cake.
~~~~~~
I’ve always felt that your age is not as
Important as how old you are.
Your recent address is less important
Than where you’re coming from.
~~~~~~
If I were to compare our country with another, it would be China in the time of the Legalist dynasty (AKA Qin Dynasty).
~~~~~~
The radio has started my morning off in a very friendly way. They played two songs by Thelonious Monk and then two by Red Garland. Very nice.
~~~~~~
Reminder:
1) I must keep in the present. Don’t obsess about what I might’ve done better yesterday or what might come along tomorrow.
2) Know what I can control and what I can’t.
~~~~~~
Does infinity ever end?
Is there a boundary to nothing?
If there is a boundary to nothing?
    What lies beyond the edge?
Did time have a beginning?
I’d say time started when
    something moved or changed
    because what is time but a
    measure of the space between
    two events?
From there, I’d say time will end
    when nothing moves or changes.
~~~~~~
30+ years together. I was (and still am) more in love now than I was when we first met. By the by, I was completely, utterly. unconditionally, drop dead smitten then.

No comments:

Post a Comment