Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2016

Warrior Babe

Dreamed that I was a warrior.

I was kitted out like Athena by way of Frazetta with a touch of Rey from The Force Awakens thrown in for good measure and shit. Yeah, I was seriously badass.
Athena was the daughter of Zeus; her birth is unique in that she did not have a mother. Instead, she sprang full grown and clad in armour from Zeus' forehead.

She was fierce and brave in battle; however, she only took part in wars that defended the state and home from outside enemies. (source)
Athena was also the goddess of reason, intelligent activity (whatever that means), arts and literature but, ya know, when you’re born wearing a full suit of armour, ya gotta make the most of it. Amirite or amirite? You know I am.

In this little nocturnal chimera, I’d been recruited to defend some random little collection of norms, (no offense intended. Of course!). There was an intro meeting, a training session – something along the lines of: How to Fight Your Enemies Without Dying a Horrible and Probably Embarrassing Death...for Dummies.

Yeah, YAWN. I was in the pro paladin leagues but, well, HR said we all had to be at this little inaugural shindig, so, OK then.

I took a seat at the back of the classroom where I found another warrior queen type (I believe her name was Zenobia. Names with Zs always sound so much more hardcore, brassily, war-mad brave, don’cha think? She and I sat there quietly kibitzing about our kill counts and comparing histories “oh, were you at the Battle of Cardassia? ME too! How about the Lysian-Satarran War – see any action there? Yeah that one was a real bitch, wasn’t it?"

Before we could get up and out, into the battle heat, my wondrous ex-feral decided to wake my ass up. How does a feline, former warrior king wake his chattel? With claws most def totally withdrawn, he gently pats my chin or shoulder. What a good boy. He also seems to understand when I ask/beg Five more minutes. Give me five more minutes, please!

Why am I dreaming that I'm a molto strong, heroic fighter, a champion of the weak and general hot dish? Heh, in your dreams, you can be who you need to be and I'll be who I gotta be. K?

No comments:

Post a Comment