Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Survival is a Talent

a peaceful image on which to focus (or try anyway)
I will emerge from this gloom at some point. Really I will. Right now though, I can't envision a single unhorrifying thing that'll come from Trump's "win."

By the by, President Elect Fuckface Von Clownface lost the popular vote just like Bush and witness how well his presidency turned out.

Steve M. over at No More Mister Nice Blog has a good, if depressing (everything, if you're not an idiot, is bleak as fuck today) post up.
Look, he's not going to be able to make good on his promise to bring all the manufacturing jobs back with a wave of his hand. He's not going to be able to bring back any of those jobs.
Given that most of his products are manufactured in other countries where labor (and the cost of living) is much, much cheaper, I rilly doubt his promises were sincere. DUH!
His trade wars and his very presence will push us closer to economic turmoil -- it's already happening -- and the Ryan/Koch economic agenda will do to America what Bobby Jindal did to Louisiana and Sam Brownback did to Kansas. 
~~~snip~~~
Last night, my wife and I were talking about the certainty that Trump can't deliver on his promises, and her immediate reaction was that when he can't deliver and the public becomes restive, he'll just start a war.
 Yup. 

I'm glad The Amazing Bob was spared the coming horror show.

Humor keeps us alive. Humor and food. Don't forget food. You can go a week without laughing.
~ Joss Whedon

I told her once I wasn’t good at anything. She told me survival is a talent.
~ Susanna Kaysen, Girl, Interrupted

Tough times don't last, tough people do, remember?
~ Gregory Peck

Fear is a part of life. It's a warning mechanism. That's all. It tells you when there's danger around. Its job is to help you survive. Not cripple you into being unable to do it.
~ Jim Butcher, Dead Beat

It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.
~ Leon C. Megginson

Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
~ Seneca

I WILL survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment