Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Powder Blue

Winnie the Pooh has problems sleeping too. His form of get-me-back-to-sweet-dreams-land is to count Heffalumps – attempt the feat anyway.
But he couldn't sleep. The more he tried to sleep, the more he couldn't. He tried Counting Sheep, which is sometimes a good way of getting to sleep, and, as that was no good, he tried counting Heffalumps. And that was worse. Because every Heffalump that he counted was making straight for a pot of Pooh's honey, and eating it all. For some minutes he lay there miserably, but when the five hundred and eighty-seventh Heffalump was licking its jaws, and saying to itself, "Very good honey this, I don't know when I've tasted better," Pooh could bear it no longer. He jumped out of bed, he ran out of the house, and he ran straight to the Six Pine Trees. (source)
I think I might see if I’ve got any luck/better luck than Pooh counting Heffalumps.

Last night’s wakey-wakey time was blessedly, more or less brief. When me and Morpheus got back to shakin’ the sheets, I dreamed that we all – Jen, Oni, The Amazing Bob, Erin, P.J. and me – still lived on Spring Street in Cambridge. It was moving day though. TAB and I’d already shifted most of our gear down to Valhalla but there were still a few bits left. I motored back to get them, pulling up in front of our soon to be ex crib in a ’66 powder blue Mustang convertible.

Yeah totally, motherfucking SWEET!

I don’t remember the rest of the dream’s details. I’m sure it was all terribly deep, fraught with 97 zillion kinds of complex, hidden meaning but, ya know POWDER BLUE ’66 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE in cherry condition and it was MY motherfucking ride! This totally counts as the BESTEST dream I’ve had since TAB booked on outta this life.

I gotta say this again: POWDER BLUE ’66 MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE and it was all mine! If I take a nap, could I conjure that gorgeous chimera once more? Maybe take a ride down the Cape?

Yeah, I think this might keep me smiling all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment