Search This Blog

Friday, May 19, 2017

Another Day Happens

How’s this Life shit work again? The Amazing Bob dies but the sun still comes up the next morning? 'the hell? Same with my BIG loved eyeball guardian, Doc Lessell and Hope Buechler. No different with Rocco and Thelma – the sun, incredibly, rises.

That’s some strange, fucked up shit, I’m tellin’ you.

Jen, Oni and I've no choice beyond getting up outta bed and continuing with this functioning act.

Boy (in my case girl), you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Boy, you gonna carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Beatles – Golden Slimbers/Carry That Weight/The End 

Yesterday I donated all of TAB’s jazz, classical and spoken word CDs to the beautiful Thomas Crane Library. Today I’ll bring his clothes to Big Brother/Big Sister. Just FYI, this is some seriously fraught shit I'm doin' here.

Milky Way Arch – Bruno Gilli/ESO
His big universe picture books? Those I keep. I look at them and immediately – as though I’m in a holodeck simulation – see him sitting in his big Papa chair, eyes full of wonder and magic, ogling the astounding images of galaxies and far away planets.

I've seen fire and I've seen rain.
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend,
But I always thought that I'd see you again.

James Taylor – Fire and Rain

So, we keep on keepin’ on. I’m trying to stay busy. Jen's headed into work. Oni's watering the garden and trees.

Jen had a fun dream last night. Walking into the bedroom, she found Skitter, smack dab in the center of the mattress with a freshly birthed litter of...get this...calico ducklings (Rosie, by the by, was a calico). Thelma and HER new babies (oddly enough,  they were kittens not ducks) were there too. She wondered, Who's the father? 

A much deserved and unexpected good dream.

Hello, Hello, Hello, Good-bye,
Good-bye, Good-bye, Good-bye,
That's all there is.
And the leaves that are green turned to brown,
And they wither with the wind,
And they crumble in your hand.

Simon & Garfunkel – Leaves That Are Green 

I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil.
~ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King

She was a genius of sadness, immersing herself in it, separating its numerous strands, appreciating its subtle nuances. She was a prism through which sadness could be divided into its infinite spectrum.
~ Jonathan Safran Foer, Everything Is Illuminated

To weep is to make less the depth of grief.
~ William Shakespeare, King Henry VI, Part 3  
 
Blue Oyster Cult – (Don't Fear) The Reaper

No comments:

Post a Comment