Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2017

COFFEE!

I'm not in this lovely Schöneberg coffeeshop – WHY NOT!?
Idea – 10! Execution – two :-(
After yesterday's airline-hell odyssey, I made it to my father's wee, Western Pennsylvania hamlet. Mondo thanks go to my wonderful Helen and her husband John who were right there when I landed. Helen poured me into the car, John handed me a shot of Jamo and we were off.

All I can think about now is getting real coffee (this in-room shit's got all the taste of a brown crayola melted in brakish water) and some damn fruit. Yes, I'm craving fruit versus home-fries. Christ, I must be getting used to this diet. This is good – right?

“What do you want?"
"Just coffee. Black - like my soul.”
~ Cassandra Clare, City of Bones 

I'd rather take coffee than compliments just now.
~ Louisa May Alcott, Little Women 

It doesn't matter where you're from - or how you feel... There's always peace in a strong cup of coffee.
~ Gabriel Bá, Daytripper

2 comments:

  1. I only started drinking coffee last eyar. At the age of 42.

    I'd been reading about how bad soda is for the body and decided to switch caffeine-administration techniques.

    Still, all I can drink is bad instant coffee.

    Real coffee is still several years down the line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe "bad instant coffee" is redundant.

      Try an Italian Roast. You'll fall in deep, mad love. Really!

      Delete