Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Is it raining with you

I haven’t seen a goddamn sunrise in I don’t know how long! Dammit. OK, truth – part of this is that, on the last brilliant sunny morns, I’ve actually slept past dawn. I know – I’m a lazy slag – or something.

Also too, this has been one damn cold spring. The heat’s come on and it’s JUNE!
The rain to the wind said,
You push and I'll pelt.'
They so smote the garden bed
That the flowers actually knelt,
And lay lodged--though not dead.
I know how the flowers felt.

~ Robert Frost
Me too, Bob, me too.
Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.
~ Bill Watterson
But, Bill honey, there’s only so many days I can spend inside and, siimilarly, a limited anount of tea I can drink.

Despite my drear weather sack-of-sloth leanings, I haven’t been completely inert. I’ve begun my bedoom tree painting. It’s a version of Paul Poiret’s crib wall. Mine will be a cherry tree with blossoms blowing around/across all the other walls. Like Poiret’s, mine is floor to ceiling with long branches stretching the length of the room. Nope, no pics yet – too early. I’m psyched though. It’s a spot of sun in these sepulchral days.

Dammit.
The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house. All that cold, cold, wet day.
~ Dr. Seuss, The Cat in the Hat
What FUN! she harshly snarked.
I
think that the
world should be full of cats and full of rain, that's all, just
cats and
rain, rain and cats, very nice, good
night.
~ Charles Bukowski, Betting on the Muse: Poems and Stories
Chuck, what the Hell? Cats yes but endless rain? Fuck no!
Here comes the rain again
Raining in my head like a tragedy
Tearing me apart like a new emotion
Oh
I want to breathe in the open wind
I want to kiss like lovers do
I want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you

~ David Allan Stewart, Annie Lennox
In my head I can still hear her singing this. It helps.
If the rain comes they run and hide their heads
They might as well be dead
If the rain comes, if the rain comes

When the sun shines they slip into the shade
(when the sun shines down)
And sip their lemonade
(when the sun shines down)
When the sun shines, when the sun shines

Rain, I don't mind
Shine, the weather's fine

~ John Lennon
Very true. Tx, John.
Do not be angry with the rain; it simply does not know how to fall upwards.
~ Vladimir Nabokov
Thanks and fuck you, Vlad Sweetie!

No comments:

Post a Comment