Search This Blog

Thursday, June 8, 2017

I get the news I need on the weather report

I've got nothing to say but it's okay
Good morning, good morning

Beatles – Good Morning Good Morning 
and, paraphrasing Mr. Paul Simon:
I get the news I need on the weather report (truth!)
I can gather all the news I need on the weather report
Hey, I've got nothing to do today but
(a few design/layout jobs and hit the gym)
Do-n-doh-d-doh-n-doh and here I am
The only living
(babe) in (Houghs Neck)
Paul Simon – The Only Living Boy In New York
I keep telling myself that I’ll hit Nantasket at dawn – catch the sunrise and go for a beach walk. I’ve not been down there much since last summer when, in my first TABless days, I’d plant my butt in the sand at 4:30 in the AM, meditate on the waves and wait for the sun to peek up over the waterline.

I will though. Now seems like a great time. Saturday’s temp predictions are for warmth – even at dawn they’ll supposedly have crawled above 50. YES!

So then, I’ll set my Coco alarm for 4AM and go down to the waterline. I’ll have a nice walk, commune with the rolling beauty and then I'll ponder – attempt to get to the bottom of a few of my current frustrating conundrums. Such as, WHY am I not blessed with Wonder Woman’s brilliance, strength, super powers and stone beauty? Hmmmm?

While I'm on topic, wouldn’t that lasso of truth come in pretty damned handy right now? Wouldn’t it be refreshing to, for once, hear Granny-Starver Ryan  and Corrupt-o-Turtle McConnell speak some honest to Bast, verifiable, reality based NON-fiction?

I know, I know:
  1. NOT gonna happen. Neither has uttered anything but heavily varnished turds for so long – they wouldn't know truth if it came up and grabbed 'em by the ...emmmm...junk.
  2. Having, for so long, been spoon fed hysterical fictions, ugly lies and bullshit dodges tailored to their acid bias, their loyal fan base wouldn't be able to comprehend reality on a bet.
Oops, I've fallen off the meditative wagon again. 'scuse me, gotta go stare at some waves again.

No comments:

Post a Comment