Search This Blog

Monday, October 9, 2017

Fog Bound Brain

Today I am a mass of inchoate thoughts and feelings.

Which puts Ken Nordine's album Inchoate Blues in mind. The Amazing Bob turned me on to Nordine back in our early flirting/courting/mixtape madness days. Like my beautiful man, dude had a deep, hypnotic, midnight FM DJ voice. Like my brill Hunny Pie, he was a Chagall by way of Ferlinghetti and Corso wordsmith. Spellbinding and soothing.

I could use some of that Nordine/TAB action right about now. Who couldn't? I'm afraid to read the daily headlines – are we at war yet?
"The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia."
~ George Orwell, 1984
I came to a definite decision yesterday – I will not be dropping any lorazepam for this week's MRI. Yeah, my porcine claustrophobia is a major dealio BUT the rat bastard loraz is too strong of a depressant – it puts me down for the count for days afterward. I'm wrastling enough with the big sad – I don't need chemical help poured on top.

Can I get through tube time without it? I motherfucking hope so! I'll begin thrice daily deep breathing and other chill time exercises today. I'll also read nothing but poetry and Philip Dick. I'll paint, wave gaze, hit the gym and steer clear of the news.

Maybe the last dregs of lorazepam fog will vacate my rickety brainpan today. I'm feeling guardedly optimistic.
Coco will assuredly assist with the tranquilizing action. I know, she LOOKS all leave me the fuck alone here but this is her how can I help you face. REALLY!

2 comments:

  1. Nordine has some great stuff. My faves are his word jazz albums (the track "You're Getting Better" is wonderful), but I have an album he did in the early 90s because it has Tom Waits on it and I have his "Colors" album as well.

    And he's alive at the age of 97!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW – I've never known anyone else who'd even heard of Nordine! Hell, I bet you're an Ivor Cutler fan too :-)

      Delete