Search This Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2017

On the Road

On my spur of the moment leaf peeping quest, I got the whole way to Bennington where I had a wonderful visit with a dear friend. He's from way up in Plattsburgh and I hadn't seen him in eons. I’m thrilled to bits that Heath was up for the road trip. He’s tremendous – smart, warm, creative and compassionate. I wish we lived closer.

Here’s the thing about solo motoring – I have to drive (duh). This means my slack jawed gawking at the immense beauty along Route 2 in Massachusetts and 9 in Vermont was somewhat but not totally limited. Can't snap pics and drive at the same time. GodDAMN I need one of them self driving cars!

It was an absolutely brill day – sunny and warm. Foliage, up on the mountain, is mostly past peak but there’re still gorgeous russets, traffic-cone oranges and glow-in-the-dark yellows. Nature's really got her dazzling freak on.

On the way home today, I'll stop on Hogback Mountain and snap a pic or two. Or maybe I'll just buy some fudge, sit in the oversized Adirondack chair and stare at all the incredible pulchritudedness of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment