Search This Blog

Friday, October 13, 2017

Text Messaging in a Stunned Age

We really thought yesterday was Friday. Imagine our shock and horror when Jen and I realized it was only Thursday.

Me: I think you and me are supposed to be at Starzzzzzzzzzz right now.
       Right?
       It's 10AM and I've already put in 4 hours work AND I gotta hit the gym now – will this pressure NEVAH end?!?!?! Also too, Starzzz called and wants to know when the fuck we plan on showing our faces. Hmmm?

Jen: Oh shite!!! This means our breakfast burritos are getting cold! And our mimosas are getting warm!
       ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
     ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

       I wonder what a warm mimosa would taste like.
       ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
 
Me: Like a hot toddy maybe? We are entering hot toddy season, ya know.

Jen: I believe it would still be good
       Flat but good!

Me: There's alkeehaul in mimosas so – DUH – OF COURSE IT WOULD STILL TASTE GOOD.
Did I mention how stunned and utterly dismayed we were with the IT'S NOT FRIDAY realization? We – honest and true – are not dipsomaniacal sodden sots. RILLY! It's just – well, we had some big time sad perplexion goin' on.
Jen: Though if you got those hurlish meat flavored mimosas that'd be bad...WAY bad. Right?

Me: A meat mimosa? //shudder//
 
Jen: ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Me: That is wrong on so many levels.
      SO wrong.
      Hurl!

Jen: Tofu mimosas would be better!

Me: Double plus hurl.
       Why not go all in — cat puke mimosas?

Jen: Oh my!!!!
       ๐Ÿ˜จ
      You had to go there.

Me: Yes.
       Somebody had too.
       Dirty job and all that.

Jen: Throwing yourself on the flaming sword.

Me: Is that a reference to sexytime stuff coz I'm still not sure I'm ready for that.

Jen: Hehehe actually it was not.

Me: Yeah, yeah, sure, sure.

Jen: ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Me: But an asparagus mimosa would probably be good!

No reply from Jen on this idea. I suspect she'd rolled her eyes and couldn't find the ideogram cartoon for it. Just a hunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment