Search This Blog

Monday, November 20, 2017

More Randomosity

This, at left (duh), is Umlaut. He, (possibly she), comes by a couple times a day but doesn’t keep regular hours like our other visitor cats over the years.  Jen actually patted Um while he/she was eating once!  Um didn’t zoom off but Jen got a profoundly nasty “I’m eating here, woman” glare for her efforts.
~~~
Now that all the motorboats are in winter storage, the bay is brilliantly crystal clear. Though I can’t hear the loathsome rumble of their engines, speedboat are of the devil. Sailboats are ever so much more lovely and don’t churn up the bay floor.
~~~
The quality of light at this time of year is brilliant, precious. On a sunny day, at three o’clock in the afternoon, the mellow orange-ish cast makes me wonder if I’ve stepped to a far quantum dimension …or something. Almost makes up for the chill temps too.
~~~
My tremendously talented schmooze-beast and mouse assassin, Coco, has ticked off another notch on her rodent kill belt. I feel terrible for the wee vermin but, well, Coco’s gotta do what she’s gotta do. Fish gotta swim, cats gotta chase mousies, toy with them like cruel and demented sci fi villians and then, finally, kill the poor bastards. //shrugs//
~~~
Jen, Oni and I watched Galaxy Quest yesterday. Yes. Again. LOVE this flick! Given my sci fi addiction, OF COURSE, I do. The movie's got killer dialogue and brill acting.

I played Richard III. There were five curtain calls. I was an actor once, damn it. Now look at me. Look at me! I won’t go out there and say that stupid line one more time.Alexander (Alan Rickman)

I remember that sound. That's a bad sound.  – Gwen (Sigourney Weaver)
Gwen: What is this thing? I mean, it serves no useful purpose for there to be a bunch of chompy, crushy things in the middle of a hallway. No, I mean we shouldn’t have to do this, it makes no logical sense, why is it here? 

Jason (Tim Allen): 'Cause it’s on the television show.

Gwen: Well forget it! I’m not doing it! This episode was badly written!
And then there’s the pre-Redshirts, Guy, played by Sam Rockwell:
I'm not even supposed to be here. I'm just "Crewman Number Six." I'm expendable. I'm the guy in the episode who dies to prove how serious the situation is. I've gotta get outta here.
Guy: I changed my mind. I wanna go back.

Alexander: After the fuss you made about getting left behind?

Guy: Yeah, but that's when I thought I was the crewman that stays on the ship, and something is up there, and it kills me. But now I'm thinking I'm the guy who gets killed by some monster five minutes after we land on the planet.

Jason: You're not gonna die on the planet, Guy.

Guy: I'm not? Then what's my last name?

Jason: It's, uh, uh - -I don't know.

Guy : Nobody knows. Do you know why? Because my character isn't important enough for a last name, because I'm gonna die five minutes in.

Gwen: Guy, you have a last name.

Guy: DO I? DO I? For all you know, I'm "Crewman Number Six"! Mommy... mommy...

Alexander: Are we there yet?

Yeah, I could watch that for the 5,000,000th time today.

2 comments:

  1. Sailboats are ever so much more lovely and don’t churn up the bay floor.

    Living over two hours away from the beach it goes without saying I don't get there much with things like job, homeownership BS, and kids getting in the way. A few years back I was able to sneak down to the coast for a weekend. That visit was during early fall so while the beach was empty, especially since it was a Sunday morning, the temperature was warm.

    I wanted solitude, peace, and quiet but a family was staying at one of the many rentals houses and they brought with them their jet skis. I absolutely hated each and everyone of those a-holes as they rode up and down the shore.

    Luckily, it must have been one last hurrah because after thirty or so minutes they finally left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jet skis //shudder// I think I saw one of those here once. Awful, awful things.

      Warm Sunday morning's with no one around is THE best. I see fellow walkers and joggers but not many. The boat people generally don't get going until afternoon.

      Delete