Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I've Got Questions

Had my annual physical yesterday – this is the one with my GP versus the brain deal (which I had last month, thanks). The good doc took a lot of blood (possibly she’s a vampire?), gave me a flu shot (my arm is STILL sore – what is she Wonder Woman?!) and we talked about my various struggles (weight loss and my continuing big sad over The Amazing Bob’s demise. Also too, I seem to be deaf).

The intake form, with its limited multiple choice answers, as usual, frustrated me. By the time I go to question 13, “how have things been going for you over the last four weeks,” I’d lost my ability to simply tick A, B, C or D. Doc Amy allowed she could help with one but not both of my noted issues (at right). Naturally I assumed she meant that she could bring TAB back from the dead. AWESOME!

Wut? No? DAMN!

As for the other prob – we do what we can. Vote, make phone calls, stand together and resist. As John Lewis recommends, it’s time to get in good trouble, necessary trouble; to push and resist what is happening. She's on-board.

My very patient and understanding doc’s office is a few doors down from The Old West Church. Originally, and for its first 150 years, its was of the Congregational stripe of Protestant, whatever that means in practice. Since 1961 it’s been owned by The United Methodist Church. I dunno what the ownership entails but the sign seems to indicate they’re a lot truer to the original meanings and intentions of Christianity than the current, loud and monstrously hypocritical evangelical/fundamentalist wing.
Roy Moore, Republican candidate for Senate and alleged child molester, enjoys much of his political longevity to his celebrity status within the Christian right. (source)
Can the christianist right not see the glib faux piety of their politicians and preachers? Are these people so spectacularly focused on their imagined victimhood that all a grifter’s gotta do is bash gays, Muslims (though any darker hued individual will do) and scream to high heaven about ABORTION and they’re hooked? 

Are they blind and deaf or are they just the biggest suckers since Charles Ponzi and Soapy Smith walked this good green earth?

The charlatanic pharisee and their sheep give Christianity an horrific name. Jim Wallis of Sojourners feels the white evangelical bubble is about to burst.
It’s time for other white evangelicals to call out the white American evangelical leaders who have yet to speak out against the racial politics of President Donald Trump...
Will they? Will anyone besides us agnostic types? Will anyone within the evangelical brand, besides Jim Wallis, stand up to Jerry Falwell and the rest of the choir of cons? Is there a Ripley to take out these corrupt abominations?

2 comments:

  1. There are a few of them around. Jim Wallis is one. James Martin, who is a Catholic priest of the Jesuit order, is another one (he has a great twitter feed if you go for that sort of thing).

    ReplyDelete