Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2018

January Guests!

Della and me hitting silly/cute HARD on Snapchat
My fabola cousin Della, from Berlin, will be here late this afternoon. YEA! Her son, my nephew, Logan (who's 20 and attends college in Amsterdam) and her older sister, my cousin (who’ve I’ve not seen since I was 12!), Cheryl will arrive Tuesday.

Psyched!

I’m trying to think of fun, unique-to-Boston things to do and show them. Naturally, I get stuck on art stuff – the MFA! I’d rilly like to see the Takashi Murakami show. The Harvard Museums! A gallery crawl on Newbury Street and in the South End! The Fuller Craft Museum! Maybe they’d like to catch a live show, see a band? We could hit the Middle East one night.
Grolier's has THE best logo!
Oh wait, wait, wait – BOOKSTORES! We could hit the Harvard Bookstore (NOT the same as the Harvard Coop Bookstore), the MIT Press Bookstore, Raven Used Books, Grolier’s Poetry Book Shop, Rodney’s! Hell’s Bells, that’s just a few of the ones in Harvard, Central and Kendall Squares. As long as we’re in Central Square we could hit Mary Chung's or the buffet at India Pavilion for lunchie.

Dawn at home
You see how single (tri?) minded I am? Art, music, books. OH WAIT! People watching! We could get a table in the bar area of Sonsie and watch all the slick fashionistas waltz by. OR maybe the Globe or Bar 10 in Copley Square? How about hipster watching in Allston? We could go to Deep Ellum, enjoy killah cocktails while scoping out the friendly if too-cool-for-this-town crowd. AND I'm pretty sure we absolutely NEED to hit Caffe Vittoria in the North End for espresso and sfogliatellas.

It’s back to being cold, cold, COLD here so beach walks seem right outta the question BUT mebbe a fast, VERY short ramble on Nantasket with post freezoidal-walkie hot toddies at The Red Parrot? OR we just get a booth in the restaurant’s front window and just stare out at the pretty waves.

Ya know, it's JUST now occurred to me – I oughta ask them what they’re interested in doing. Gosh, that’d be smart and considerate, eh? Christ, I'm slow.
And away –Nantasket sans ice and snow

No comments:

Post a Comment