Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Dreams and Resolutions

 I dreamed I’d just moved into a very old, but shabbily elegant and def cool, building in Boston. It had been a brilliantly hip movie theater which’d been converted into small apartments (think Exeter Street Theater meets Hotel Buckminster circa 1980). It was populated by artists, writers and hipster entrepreneurs.

I was exploring the joint and found a café, serving breakfast (my favoritist meal of the day!). It was the sort of place that serves tea in delicately glazed bone china and all the napkins are lace edged. I was in the deep past where everything and everyone had fascinating histories and told epic tales of chic, interesting, creative LIVES LIVED.

I was also here and now and, waddyaknow, I am.
~~~
I saw my awesomely fab, stylin’ surgeon yesterday and she was awesomely fab, supportive AND wearing the sweetest spring-IS-coming retro mini dress with olive patterned tights and cream colored pumps. Not only does she have MONDO smarts, a grand sense of humor and brill observation-fu, she is a creative joy to behold.

My bruise colored swollen eye is, in fact, due to some sort of weird allergic reaction. It’s the prescription night goop in combo with…something. Maybe it’s dust or Coco OR the moon is in klutz and who the fuck knows. She did say that my eye, the inside stuff, is GORGEOUS. Apart from the monster from deep look, my surgical recovery’s going gangbusters great. TREE-fucking-MENDOUS!

She gave me directions and recommendations for ending the allergic reaction AND easing its effects. It’ll be a couple weeks before I look fully human again but I WILL be human once more.
~~~
BOYCOTT THEM!
These, below, are some of the companies who partner with the NRA/ who offer discounts to NRA members. Please join me in boycotting them.

I know it’s not gonna be easy for me but it's GOT to be done. Whenever I fly to visit my farther  I gotta rent a car from one of these folks to get from the Pittsburgh airport to his tiny, middle of nowheresville hamlet. I've used one of these death enablers here at home when I’ve needed a not-Bix car. A magnificently effective way to bring about positive change is to hit corporate enablers square in the wallet.

I won't use these companies ever again unless they end their support of this reactionary culture spinning, terrorist enabling, Republican whore sponsoring group.
~~~
Words for the day:

plutocracy
1. government by the wealthy
2. a controlling class of the wealthy
This once great nation is now and, with very brief, sane human breaks, has always been a plutocracy.
Nick Hanauer snarkily replying to Chrystia Freeland’s book Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else, notes that:
Facts are for little people.

We plutocrats have a long and proud history of controlling human societies, and the belief systems that we create about how the world works enable us to do that. "Earth is the center of the solar system" was a useful one for us in the past. "Lowering taxes on the rich produces growth" is one of our current favorites. You show me an orthodox belief, and I'll show you plutocrats who benefit from it.
madeleine – NOT just a cute little cookie!
1. something that triggers memories or nostalgia: in allusion to a nostalgic passage in Proust's Remembrance of Things Past.
     ... thus temporarily bringing the sounds and smells of his dream world to him, a madeleine of the ever-postponed future. 
~ Jayne DeLynn, Real Estate

2. French Cookery. a small shell-shaped cake made of flour, eggs, sugar, and butter and baked in a mold.
Hmmm, I think I need a cookie RIGHT now.

Dream On – Aerosmith

No comments:

Post a Comment