Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2018

Whoosh!

In a few mo, Jen and I will motor up to the airport for a muy rapido visit with mein Vater – Daddy, Poppy, Vati. the Old Man. I haven't seen him since last September and that is just too damn long.

Oh and this is Conor Lamb territory I'm headed for too. I feel like I'll be entering a brand new Western Pennsylvania. One where me and my left wing, get-yur-paws-off-my-uterus, health-care-is-a-human-right, live-and-let-live sensibilities will no longer be deemed the enemy of all that's decent and good. Cool!

Also too, what Sam said:

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
~ Mark Twain, The Innocents Abroad/Roughing It

I'm talking to myself here.

2 comments:

  1. Habit of the wise, talking to one's self, the only one listening. Gandalf (paraphrased) 😎

    ReplyDelete