Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2018

Catch Me Now I'm Falling

After a week of chilled, rainy grey days, we finally had sun and relative warmth here in Valhalla.

I'd spent last week crap-purging my basement/future clay studio, working bloody hard at forward movement in MusicLand, doin’ my damn day job and making sure I got to the gym daily. After all that, I was, ya know, exhausted – knackered even. Still, got to carry on my not-so-wayward son. Right?

I tried. Saturday was a big Family Fun Day at the Y so, instead of facing the short-statured hordes, I figured I’d take a long, energetic beachwalk. GREAT idea! A walk along the water, with it’s calming beauty and picture opps, is the PERFECT exercise. I didn’t make it down to Nantasket at dawn (my fave quiet time there) so, later in the day, when the tide was on its way out, I went for a stroll along our own NOT flat, rocky beach here at home.

At one especially banked stretch, I slipped and fell. Nothing broke but I was all kinda sore and shit. Also, falling is scary. I’m, now more than ever, not so sturdy. Still, I tried to blow off my nervosa.  
I’m fine. Didn’t hit me delicate tĂȘte, bust a hip bone or even get so much as bruised shin – I win! 

Why worry and fret over things that could have but did not happen. Makes no fucking sense and is a waste of good emotion.

Then, yesterday, as I was headed to the Y, I stopped at a marshy patch of tall grass. I envisioned all the fabulous pic opps hidden within that forest of winter-dry grass. Sounds fab, no? Yup, it so was until I lost my footing and pitched over. AGAIN!

Once more – no broken bones, no gashes, no trauma but OOF! I managed to get one decent shot before getting back on my feets and GINGERLY climbing outta the marsh so...emmm...yea me?

I blew off the workout figuring, two falls in two days? That's enough exercise. Amirite or amirite? Yup, you know I am.

This morning, I’m sore and achey but I should still hit the gym, right? I’m gonna be away visiting Poppy for a couple days – won’t be back in Ellipticalville until Friday. That's too damn long. I KNOW – I'll hit the hotel's gym and/or take long walks around Vati's town. I will NOT be a slug (much as that appeals at the mo).

Today, I’ll just take it slow and do some extra stretching. Ya know, be kind to myself and shit.

Catch Me Now I'm Falling – The Kinks

6 comments:

  1. I'm clumsy and scatterbrained, not old or feeble, but... falling is scary. I feel like I have PTSD every time it happens, which isn't all that often, but still...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way of putting how I feel post-falls – PTSD.

      Despite my mondo tippiness, I don't often fall either.

      Delete
  2. Love the title, I love the Kinks song! Glad you're ok!! Treat yoself!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're OK Donna! You need to be fit, soon 'sumer Is icumen in'! :)

    ReplyDelete