Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Bits and Pieces

Our fierce jungle warrior nailed herself another poor, sweet mousie last night. I’m torn. On the one hand, I’m so damn proud of her fiery savagery. Yes. I am.

On the other, OHHHHHHHHHHH, that poor thing. I’m sure he didn’t eat much.

I congratulated Coco on a job well done and then gave Stuart a viking funeral. *sigh*
~~~
This past weekend, Stan and I went to see Oceans Eight. Yes, I was actually social…with actual humans, not just cats. The flick was well worth the time and bucks. It was like a beautiful fairy tale where, for once, women were portrayed as smart and independent. They won without having to kiss a frog, wait on a beast or marry a damn prince. All the characters were brilliant, crafty and inventive.

The hacker character, Eightball (Rihanna) is fabulous. More of her please!

I gotta see this again.
~~~
Thoughts and advice well worth taking deeply into my heart:

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
~ Mae West

'I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not.'
~ Sherman Alexie

Found on Twitter:
Your brutal honesty — ain't nobody asking for that.

Where's your compassionate honesty? Your clever, witty, poetic, insightful, uplifting, empowering honesty?
THIS!
~~~
The voter purge business in Ohio worries me big time. In fact, I was so wired about this last night that I just could NOT get to sleep. OK, having coffee after 12noon (WHAT was I thinking?!?!!!) might've added to that slumber-free state.

Now then, I live in the bluest of blue states BUT we have a Republican governor. At 1AM I needed to make sure that I'm still registered to vote. I figured I’d need to wait until biz hours and head up to the State House to check. Nope! On googling, I found that I could verify my registration ON LINE! How cool is that. I also found that, if I wasn’t registered, I could do so ON LINE! Very convenient.

This is possible, as it turns out, in 38 states!

This very helpful page at CNN.com tells how to vote in every state AND territory. It also shows the date by which you must register if you plan on voting in the midterms (and you BETTAH be!). In most states that's in early to mid October.

Why wait though? Check to be sure you’re registered and, if not, DO IT TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment