Search This Blog

Monday, October 22, 2018

Cloudy with a Chance of Carrot Cake

I’m feeling a little cloudy this morning. Naturally tunes and images (and carrot cake) come to mind and I must share.

Here’s a deep, thoughtful one:
Both Sides Now
I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all
The last stanza, though more to the point/less poetical, is, ya know, also less cloudy:
I've looked at life from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all
Yeah, sistah, me neither.

A happy cloud ode:
Cloudy
My thoughts are scattered and they're cloudy,
They have no borders, no boundaries.
They echo and they swell
From Tolstoy to Tinker Bell.
 An angry/I vant to be alone one:
Get Off Of My Cloud – The Rolling Stones
I says, "hey, you, get off of my cloud
Hey, you, get off of my cloud
Hey, you, get off of my cloud
Don't hang around 'cause two's a crowd
On my cloud, baby”
Yeah brotha, I can dig it.

Carly Simon has clouds where they totes don’t belong in You’re So Vain:
I had some dreams, they were clouds in my coffee
Clouds in my coffee
Jimmy Cliff references clouds song – I Can See Clearly Now.
I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sun-shining day
Gene Kelly, on the other hand, is just too damn happy to be bothered by clouds OR rain.
I'm singin' in the rain, just singin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling I'm happy again
I'm laughing at clouds so dark above

Related, given how much time I'll be spending in bed doing the Recovery Tango, I just bought a new mattress. It arrives Thursday and it has a cloud on top! How awesome is that?
Clouds over Oregon's High Desert
Clouds at home

2 comments:

  1. I'm having carrot cake for breakfast. Not a cloud in the sky.

    ReplyDelete