Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Eye Day

In 15 minutes, Oni's taking me into Mass Eye and Ear for today's no big deal surgery. All that's happening is that my left eyelid's gonna be slit open (EWWWWWW!) and a tiny weight will be inserted. This'll make my eye actually shut which'll keep my cornea from getting all dried out, nasty and non functioning.

Too much info, you say? Yeah, I don't wanna know all this stuff either. I'd love to be perfectly oblivious of my wonky inner workings but, ya know, no such fucking luck.

Last dream of the night – I was living in what seemed to be Back Bay Boston (my bean assures me it was actually somewhere in Canada though). I was shacking up with a beau  – a very nice guy but this wasn't the big LURV. He looked a lot like a middle aged Richard Dreyfuss (think of his doctor character in Postcards from the Edge) – this, by the by, had no bearing on my devotion dearth.

In any case, we'd just gotten news that the Apocalypse was coming. Mega excrement was gonna hit the fan and very soon too. We wanted to get out of the line of death and destruction. We wanted to survive. What that entailed  was this – splitting up and getting the fuck outta the city. We each packed a small rucksack – a couple changes of clothes, meds and whatev. Had to travel light. This was the end. No time to review a lifetime's accumulation of stuff. No room for mementos.

At the door, we kissed passionately. There was more oomph in that goodbye smack than we had felt for each other, ever. The embrace and smooch wasn't about us though. This was IT – that kiss contained our hopes for continued existence, survival, life, a fucking rainbow with flying unicorns and shit.

He went his way and, after one last so long to the world as I knew it, I went mine.

Gosh my dreams get all drama mama-y before OR time. Hmmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment