Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2019

Calm

When the world is nothing but a malodorous and extreme pile of cra-cra, it helps to look up. I don’t mean that metaphorically. I cast my peepers on the sky, mes amis. It help helps me to refocus and chill.

Sky, a hot shower followed by yoga breathing AND, of course, my magic purr machine, the angelic Coco.

Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.
~ Hermann Hesse

Calmness is the cradle of power.
~ Josiah Gilbert Holland

How you can sit there, calmly eating muffins when we are in this horrible trouble, I can’t make out. You seem to me to be perfectly heartless."

"Well, I can’t eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would probably get on my cuffs. One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them."

"I say it’s perfectly heartless your eating muffins at all, under the circumstances.”
~ Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

What about scones? Am I heartless for eating a buttered blueberry scone right now?

Whoever's calm and sensible is insane!
~
Rumi, The Essential Rumi 


I guess I'm off the insanity hook then.  

The ideal of calm exists in a sitting cat.
~ Jules Renard  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment