Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Golden Linings

Kintsugi, or Kintsukuroi, is the Japanese art of fixing broken pottery.
…the Kintsugi technique employs a special tree sap lacquer dusted with powdered gold, silver, or platinum. Once completed, beautiful seams of gold glint in the conspicuous cracks of ceramic wares… (source)
I RILLY wish I coulda talked my awesome surgeon, Fred Barker (sounds more like a haberdasher’s tag than a brain surgeon’s – right?) into this. Honestly, how damn cool would it be to have ALL my scars lined, picked out in gold? Wicked, mega, VERY – that’s how much!

Yesterday Ten and I motored down to the Fuller Craft Museum. My big idea was to hit the gift shop for a bday prezzie for Jen and then maybe have a nice wander around the pond and woods – the Fuller is in a FABOLA sylvan setting.

Sounds grand, no? Walking from the car into their tiny gift shop, NOT a long distance by any metric, wore me clean out. Serious, mes amis, I wanted a nice comfy chair, a cuppa and a cookie. Hells bells, I thought, I DESERVE a hot toddy and a lemon burst biscuit from Saint Fratellis! 

Sadly, walking further, on to the Fuller’s cafe was beyond my feeble abilities. This weak-ass shit? I know it’s temporary but it still gives me a damn sad.

AND I only managed a few short rounds of my PT exercises yesterday. Gimme a mo and I'll stop beating myself up, K.

One day at a time, sweet Jesus. Whoever wrote that one hadn’t a clue. A day is a fuckin’ eternity.

TRUTH! At least that’s how it often feels here in Recoveryville.

Tired, tired with nothing, tired with everything, tired with the world’s weight he had never chosen to bear.
~ F. Scott FitzgeraldThe Beautiful and Damned

I don’t feel the world’s weight necessarily BUT the horror show impeachment hearing is depressing as Hell. Republi/Fascists – could they BE any more shamelessly deceitful, cravenly hypocritical and transparently criminal? No. No they could not. They’re now all at peak iniquitous party-over-country/oath-of-office levels of smoke, mirrors and corruption. The lot of them are OBVS just tools of their plutocratic overlords.

The question is not how to get cured, but how to live.

That’s the stage I’m at and have been ever since I was diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 2 40 years ago. There ain’t no damn cure for this shit. I believe, to date anyway, that I’m doing a decent job at this living-with-NF2 shit. YES, I could be doing more or better BUT, all in all, I’m doing just fine – I don’t suck. K?

Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning do to do afterward.

MORE TRUTH!

You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we fall.
~ Confucius

MORE STUNNING TRUTHS!

A single day is enough to make us a little larger or, another time, a little smaller.
~ Paul Klee

I'm feeling just a little bit larger and stronger this A.M. Just FYI and shit.