Search This Blog

Friday, January 31, 2020

Upping the Ante

Yesterday I really pushed myself. Ten and I went for a long car ride in the morning and then, in the afternoon, I had physical therapy. 

At my urging (AKA whiney begging) the wonderful PT took me on an extended walk. 

I TOTES need to keep in mind that I need to get home from wherever I walk to. I NEED to turn around and head back BEFORE my energy begins to desert me. SHEESH, I know this – I’ve done this recovery/getting my strength back half a dozen times or so before…you’d think I’d remember and shit. The last block was dodgy (worrisome even to me) but, with the PT and Ten's help, I got home AOK. 

Once safely back in my comfy chair, I got a wee scolding. I'm not yet allowed to leave the house without Ten. Alright. I understand – I'm still weak AND my impatience for happy progress overwhelms the occasional smart sense I might posses. 

That’s all I’ve got to say on that. 

After a short rest, I had to do one complete round of all my exercises. Yes, as you but not I would expect, following my eight tiny-block walk and then doing five whole reps each of eight little strength building movements, I was utterly wiped out. 

That’s the most I’ve done in one day since Doc Barker sliced open me skull, rooted around and pulled out some of the shit that doesn’t belong up there (one small crystal chandelier, an overdue library book, a chunky green tourmaline ring, two adorbs mice and, oh yeah, a meningioma the size of the Empire State Building). That was three weeks ago today.

I slept GREAT last night though. Had one weird dream – The Amazing Bob and I were living with a zillion of our loved ones in a huge old Victorian. TAB and I were in bed together. He kept shuddering/vibrating, becoming Ten and then shifting back into TABness. What’s it mean? Undoubtedly something obvious and deep BUT, right now…//shrugs//

Today, Imma take things slightly easier. I’ve GOT to do four to five rounds of all my “calisthenics,” start stretching again and take one or two walks to the seawall. I CAN do this!

Tell me what’s the difference
between hope and waiting
because my heart doesn’t know
It constantly cuts itself on the glass of waiting
It constantly gets lost in the fog of hope

Put up in a place
where it is easy to see
the cryptic admonishment
T.T.T

When you feel how depressingly
slowly you climb
it's well to remember that
Things Take Time.