Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Relativity

Yesterday I got in a shit-ton of exercise. That is, it was a shit-ton if I keep in mind that I had BRAIN surgery six weeks ago. Obvs, if I was all healthy and at peak, yesterday could be considered a nada on Wonder bread day.

Everything Is relative.

Ten and I had a short walk along the seawall, went to the library where I walked up the flight of stairs from the lower/ground level to the main floor (it’s a LOT of steps – taxing even when I'm healthy), grocery shopped at the local Hippy/Groovy AND I did three rounds of my PT workout routines.

Not totally essential-essence draining but a good day. I’ll up my let’s-get-healthy-again routines beginning Friday when I start PT at the Spaulding Rehab outlet at the Y. I’ll see if they’ll let me get back on the elliptical. 

Hopes are high BUT I’ve been advised, by my visiting nurses, that they probably won’t let me on the equipment without supervision. This gives me a fat sad :-(

I’m SO damn tired of needing to be babysat!
~~~
Jen was chatting with one of her customers the other day about all the changes happening here in our not-so-little town (a LOT of tall buildings springing up).

We live on the Neck and this woman lives in the Wollaston neighborhood. Jen asked if she knew what, if anything, was up with our old up-the-street haunt, Louie’s. Our beloved pub/restaurant has been shuttered ever since the, two years ago, flood. Warum? Would it ever reopen? 

Jen got some answers AND a surprise when the lady said she’d never been to Louie’s because it’s too far away. Huh, the Wollaston neighb is four to five miles from our end of the Neck – at most, a 10 minute drive. 

A five mile drive in upstate New York or anywhere in Texas is the equivalent of our just-up-the-street.

Everything Is relative.
~~~
A coupla people I know/knew who just LOVE to argue are mighty freewheelingly vicious in their tone and word choices. These individuals don’t see their modes of discussion as attacks or bullying. Nope, for them it’s all a big fun debate. They’re energized and all buddy/buddy afterward whereas I feel like I’ve been assaulted, shat on, totally dissed and want/need to be a zillion miles away.

It’s as though these folk see this savage-y kind of convo as sport or verbal sex – an enjoyable workout.

Everything Is relative.
~~~
“Desperate For Cash?”

Oh please – these people are actual royalty. How does their supposed desperation translate into real people with real problems language.

Fer example, things are a bit tight for me at the mo and if Mitch and his Republi/Facist Party succeed in stealing our Social Security and Medicare, I’m gonna be WAY more than strapped but “desperate?” No. Nervous? Yes, but not desperate. I’ll find more graphic design gigs. I’ll sell off some “valuables.” I’ll cancel my NYTimes and Washington Post subscriptions. I’ll adjust, I'll deal.

Welcome to the real world Harry.

Once again, everything Is relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment