Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Distraction Lessons

This past weekend, Jen, Oni and I watched Terminator: Dark Fate and it was exactly what I needed. Not a perfect movie by any means but it was fun, scary (and NOT in a Trump’s-so-stupendously-incompetent-we’ll-be-lucky-to survive kind of a way) and awesome+ to see Linda Hamilton looking good but, more importantly, looking her age. She’s one year older than me and an inspiration to keep on with my strength building workouts.

Other born-at-the-right-timers? Madonna, Michelle Pfeiffer and Sharon Stone who are all stunning BUT def look like they’ve had work done. That IS their right as wealthy celebs – also, as babe-type stars, unfair as it is, it’s part of their fight to remain appealing and relevant.

I get it but, since I’m not inclined – financially or otherwise – to have cosmetic surgery or wear makeup, I don’t see them as examples of attainable or even covetable old broadness.


Nope.

I’ll never be Linda Hamilton thin and that’s AOK. I can, however, be strong, confident, in the best shape this rickety bod’s capable of and NOT a pushover. Alright, this is as much about fortitude, tenacity and all that as it is about having toned, muscular arms.

Back at all things Terminatory – The last in the series that I saw was T2: Judgment Day (and the teevee series) so I found Dark Fate pretty confusing at first. In this version, Sarah Connor’s son dies at the hands of the T-800 (Schwarzenegger) so he’s not around to save the world from this timeline’s Skynet, Legion.


I want – NO – I NEED arms like this!
Sarah, despite her son’s devastating death, hangs in like the abso-fab, badass warrior she is. An unknown helper (the T-800 model who’s since retired from terminating and grown a conscience) tipped her off that Daniella Ramos is destined to be a significant player in machine world’s apocalyptic defeat. There’s a Rev-9 Term model coming back from the future to take Dani out. Dani needs a serious assist.

Sarah saves her and her cyber enhanced soldier/minder, Grace. The race and battle for survival is now ON.

So, there are three superhero-esque (but very human) women fighting AND triumphing over evil. YES! Better yet, the young woman who will save mankind from the murderous machines is Mexican. That is just a beautiful fuck you to pResident Stupid on Steroids.

Now, of course, I want to see all the ones I’ve missed even though Sarah Connor isn’t in them  – T3: Rise of the Machines, Terminator Salvation and Terminator Genisys.

Sarah Connor is an example of how I can get through this current national nightmare. Be brave. Be patient. Don’t be a dickwad. Help others. Also too, be kind...dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment