Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

How to Start the Day Right

1) Do NOT fire up Twitter before:
a. coffee (and more of it) has been injected
b. calisthenics have been calisthenicized
c. hygiene has been snagged and bagged
d. meditating with Coco on important spiritual issues of the day, such as what is the meaning of life? Easy! Inner peace and catnip treats!
The site, Twitter, IS in fact a cesspool of bully boy, simpleton trolls and twatish karens. Sure there are clever, informative and funny tweets by the intelligent and sane but, this morning in particular, there’s metric fuck-ton of waste-product shitheeldom. Honest to Bast, I’m thrilled to bitty bits that I live in solid blue Massachusetts. YES, we have egregiously dimbulbed, mystifyingly proud, 45 supporting bampots here too BUT they’re a minority.

Instead of Twitter:

2) After coffee is brewed, cats are fed and cosseted – PAINT. Starting the day in creative contemplation feels healthy, hopeful, peaceful.

3) Take a brisk walk. This is the new thing (which I’ve undoubtedly already mentioned). Most mornings, Jen and I are out for walkies by 5:30 or 6 AM.

     Walkies are good for:
a. EXERCISE – keeps me from bearing too close of a resemblance to Jabba
b. building/maintaining bone strength.
c. mood boosting and smoothing
d. improving my wonk-ass balance and coordination
Though the jaunts aren’t as banjaxing as they were a few months ago, they are indeed still challenging. I’ve regularly been adding speed and distance. YES, I miss the gym with the recumbent elliptical, track and weight machines but this ain’t bad…especially now that warmer temps are here.

4) This won’t mark the dawn of my day, not this morning anyway, but, once the mist lifts and the tide’s in, I believe a nice sit on the seawall steps, watching the waves roll in, would be palliative, restorative and just plain chill.

So far today, I've done numbers two and three. The filthy film of troll is ALMOST outta my head now.

2 comments:

  1. Is there actually any point in looking at Twitter at all? Genuinely curious. I almost never look at it -- only when some blogger links to a tweet for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMEtimes there are really good threads and interesting bits up. Primarily, I see it as a listing site for links to interesting columns, artists and shit. Most of why I look at it, lately, is because I've got the attention span of a cracked out hummingbird.

      Something to read when even short, short stories are beyond me.

      Delete