Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

100,634

There are now, as I write this, 100,634 Americans dead from the Trump/Republican Plague. It didn’t have to be like this but is because the Reich is nothing more than a congealed snot-bolus of power-mad, bitterly petty, snowflake fee-fees who don’t give a good goddamn about democracy, citizen’s rights or anything else unless it lines their own damn pockets with greenbacks

Yesterday afternoon, I decided to be brave – had to, I was out of Jamo – and walked up to the packy ALL BY MYSELF. Yes, I was wearing a mask. Good thing too – I came upon a clot of half a dozen or so middle schoolers, massed as one. None wore masks,. They were just hangin’ out in the middle of the side walk, blocking foot traffic. 


Social distancing? Phbbbt! We’re young, we’re immortal and too self-absorbed to give a rat’s derriere about anyone else’s wellbeing.

I went out into the road, walking around the parked cars, in order to get past, safe and germ-free. All the while, these ignorant adolescents (and I'm being kind and generous here) stared at me fixedly as though I was some sort of shiny fish monster in sequins and high heels. (which, I only mention it, would be HOT!)

Children can be such repugnant little pukes! I blame the clueless fucking parents whose example they model.

Our Weasel-Ann and Jankboy Jr. would NEVAH…..
Yeah….sure.
~~~
One of the problems with the lockdown, I touched on this yesterday, is Twitter. I’m paying too much heed to the outrages and idiocies. Pre-lockdown, I’d log on just to read John Scalzi, Chuck Wendig, Martin Millar and Stephen King’s tweets. Ya know, pithy shots of wit – brain M&Ms. Since lockdown and the evaporation of my concentration, I read more, become enraged by the bullshit spewing, asswipian simpletons and am sorely tempted to respond. BUT why bother? Trumpers are a cult of trolls, incapable of intelligent thought or discussion. All they can do is fling their own disease riddled feces and whine about how THEY’RE the REAL victims.

My pal Bob Ray Starker captured the daily struggle PERFECTLY. (click on the comic to embiggen it)

~~~
And then there’s my own art.

I’m painting a LOT and it feels good – better than it has in years. During the day though, when the color fever is riding me hard and I get stuck, Jen’s not here to throw me a canvas saving Mae West.
The rude bitch is, get this, AT WORK!

But, but, BUT my good friend Kevin in San Francisco is only a text away! I take pics of what I’m working on, hit send and he gets back to me with thoughtful, incisive, helpful comments and advice. Is that cool OR WHAT!?

This 54”x36” canvas isn’t quite done yet but, I believe it’s close, thanks to Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment