Search This Blog

Friday, June 5, 2020

There Are Rules

Patrick's Pig – LOVE the pedicure!
You know I hate to argue – despise is closer to it. Given this, I’ve decided to go public with my dealio.

1) If you leave a big stinking pile of poo in comments (here or on Shoutyface or Twatter) in response to something I’ve posted, you’re not actually offering me an invite to engage in discussion.

Shocking, no?

An example of a said shit stack? Commenting on a meme of an AOC quote with “she’s an idiot.”

Is this what passes for smart banter in Republican circles? At best, this is the spew a pissy adolescent makes when they know they’re in the wrong. They’ve got nothing else.

With this type of move, you’re basically saying I want to start a big messy, name calling brawl. Cathartic though that may be (for some) I don’t do that shit.

You do? Fine but be advised that I will NOT play civilized adult (well, I will at first but not for long) and I won’t be your shrinky dink. Though I may be curious about your deep inner damage, I will NOT try to draw you out.
  • “What do AOC’s factual statements remind you of?”
  • “How does reality feel to you and why?”
  • “Can you say more about that?”
  • “Can you point out on the doll where facts have hurt you?”
I could just delete the inanity, right? Nope, imma just leave the childish excrement right there so that:
A) everyone on my feed sees what a tantrum toddler you are
        OR
B) someone who needs to blow off steam can play whack-a-troll with you. FYI, ya won’t win so save yourself some humiliation (deserved though it may well be).

2) If you earnestly wish to have a discussion or want to make a point, FACT CHECK the links you send me. Fer instance, random Shoutyface posts from some White Nationalist/KKK asshole about George Floyd’s past won’t motivate me to engage in convo.

Why not? The protests are about police violence and the whole injustice system toward Black Americans. George Floyd's murder was far from a fucking outlier. His brutal murder was the spark.

This is about Eric Garner, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Christian Cooper and on and on and on. 
Black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers. (source)
If George Floyd deserved to die for a crime he committed and paid for LONG ago, who of us has earned the right to live on this planet?

What this all boils down to is this – you disagree with me on a sticky issue and wanna talk? Fine.  I have rules, not unlike Jim Wright of Stonekettle Station fame.
  1. If you’re sending me a private message INCLUDE an introductory sentence or two ESPECIALLY if we’ve never actually met live and in person OR haven’t seen each other since the Pleistocene.
  2. DON’T BE A SCUM-SUCKING RABID WEASEL when making your points. This is a particularly smart move IF you don’t want to get flushed and blocked.
  3. Back up your statements with facts. Include links to REPUTABLE sources. As Jim says, “show your work!” ️️️(Hint: Breitbart, The Daily Caller, Fox “News,” RedState and randos on Shoutyface do NOT fall under the REPUTABLE banner)
  4. You’re trying to make a point? Mebbe you want to convince or convert me? BE KIND! That alone won’t necessarily sway me to your side of the fence BUT it means I’ll be more inclined to listen to/read what you have to say.
Capisci and shit?

2 comments:

  1. I've no problem calling racist white trash racist white trash. That it tends to get me kicked of thw platform is moot in the generally accepted vernacular.

    Point: I have in the past year dropped out of all but two, and those two quite few, of the comment forums I have been participant in for over fifteen years, as well as deleting all but family from Zuckeeberg's Famous Pig, because the run riot with racist white trash, and I don't have to deal with that kind of trash.

    🐶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing – I don't want or need to deal with the poo flinging idiots.

      I generally don't comment on other blogs or twitter because of all the trolls and asswipes who feel emboldened by relative anonymity. As for Zuck's Pig, I'm a pretty dab hand with the block feature.

      Sometimes I feel this makes it so I'm living in a bubble BUT I read the daily news, I know what's happening and I don't need the shitstains inside my "house."

      Delete