Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Bubble Life

Here’s the big thing I’ve noticed over these months of not going out – it’s pretty damn easy to avoid the assholes of the world if I don’t read the comments on social media posts. Despite this stone solid logic, I still end up reading a few.

WHY? Because, some days, I feel like I’m living in a bubble. I’ve blocked all the supposed friends, acquaintances AND family members who’ve stepped over the line from respectful disagreement to flat out clueless and cretinous, toad brained, socially banjaxed imbeciledom. Who needs the aggro? NOT I!

Is Bubble Life a bad thing? Nah, I don’t think so but I DO occasionally wonder and worry that I’m in the minority – that is, is the world actually dimwitted demon-twat heavy and smart, caring, lovely-soul light.

Also, I wonder if I’m losing my calm yet cutting diplomacy chops. I’ve been working from home for the last five+ years – there are no daft dookie-headed coworkers here to offend, attack or annoy me.

Nah, I'm not losing my hard-won ninja self defense skills. They may be rusty but, I feel certain, I could still tactfully take a twat or two down. You know what? It’s totally sweet that I don’t have to.
Ninety percent of all problems are caused by people being assholes.”
What causes the other ten percent?” asked Kizzy.
Natural disasters,” said Nib.”
~ Becky Chambers, The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet
Just FYI, Plague45 may’ve started as a natural disaster but the bumbling and braindead Trumpublicans have built it into a population halving monster. Hey, good to know they’re skilled at something. Let’s not encourage them though. VOTE BLUE!
World is so beautiful, but alas! There are so many assholes.
~ M.F. Moonzajer
Like I said, VOTE BLUE!
You don't shoot people for being assholes, or the human race would be extinct.
~ LS Hawker, The Drowning Game
Would that be such a bad thing? We share the planet with a shitload of other species. Perhaps it’s the bunnies, chupacabras, okapis, pelican eels, dragons and what have yous turn to rule the earth. I suspect they’d do a better job.

Ya know, it sure looks like human extinction is the Republi/Fascist goal – for us peasants anyway. Don’t they get it that, if they succeed in killing us all off, there won’t be anyone to serve them their Big Macs and Buds? If we’re all six feet under, who’ll Betsy DeVos get to service her ten yachts? Who will the Matt Gaetz’s of the world pretend to father? Who will work for peanuts if us plebes are dead?
“I don’t want kids.”
“Why?”

My family has a genetic defect and I don’t want to pass it on.”
“What kind of defect?”
“We’re assholes.”

~ Bijou Hunter, Damaged and the Knight
You can try your abso-level best to be a great, giving parent but if the asshole gene wants to join the party it WILL. Hells bells, look at me –your beloved (I AM SO beloved...goddammit!) scribe.
When a troll tries to piss on your leg online, simply reply with: "Does your mom know she raised a little asshole?" It attacks him on so many different levels at once, he won't know how to respond.
~ Oliver Markus Malloy, Inside The Mind of an Introvert
Must remember this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment