Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2020

A Visit From the Gods

The gods came to visit yesterday. OK, actually it was the previously unreported daughter of Boreas, (purple winged Greek god of the north wind). Boreas's daughter's name? Jen but you knew that, right?

It was around 90º and I was a nasty hot mess. I just could NOT do ANY elliptical action OR even go for my sanity saving walk. Thinking was WAY too much of an effort. All I could do was float in a sea of my own sweat. Charming, no?

Dunno if the heat and humidity can be fully blamed for my totally banjaxed balance, inability to think or speak clearly and cleanly or the MONDO lethargy. I suspect age and my stupid, fucking meningioma collection played at least a small part in this physical and mental meltdown. At the very least, they sure as fuck didn’t help.

Today will be close to 100º as will tomorrow. I was figuring, for the next 48+ hours, I’d need to stay in my cozy, cooled down boudoir, emerging only for cold showers and water refills. BUT the goddess of AC has come to my rescue.

What did she do? While I was upstairs napping the heat away yesterday, with the fan on the glacier setting, she and Oni snuck in and installed an AC unit in one of my first floor windows.

Holy arctic blast, mes amis, this was JUST what I needed!

Earlier, I was able to go out for my people-avoiding promenade. Later, I’ll be able to paint, elliptical and do my damn physical therapy crap.
I can function and I don’t need to hide out in the bedroom anymore!

Since I'm feeling all fresh and rejuvenated-like, when the tide is high again (5:30 PM) I'll venture out sit on the seawall steps and soak my tootsies in the cold seawater.

No comments:

Post a Comment