Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Kiddle Aht

This morning's high tide
I'm a total sucker for children's book illustration. Given this, it'll be no surprise that my all time fave exhibition space is the R. Michelson Galleries in Northampton.

Yeah, art for adults (versus adult art) is awesome plus but there's just something utterly entrancingly magical about kid art.

Where else can I see brill children's book illustrations?
Given that Sydney is, essentially, a 24  hour flight from Boston, I VERY much doubt I'll ever get to the Jolie. The Robillard's a possibility IF the plague passes and Americans are ever allowed in France again.

So, that leaves me – when travel is safe – with Toledo and Tustin (south of LA). Meantime, there's always the wonderful web – travel without the aggro.

Here are a few of my new and old beloved scribblers.
Edward Gorey
Lisbeth Zwerger
Lisbeth Zwerger
 
Lisbeth Zwerger
Arthur Rackham
Shaun Tan
Shaun Tan
Shaun Tan
Sir John Tenniel

4 comments:

  1. When the kids were young, we shared many hours pouring over illustrated books. The ones I remember the most were the puzzle books from the "I Spy" series by Jean Marzollo. It was fun solving the puzzles together, and it was great family time. But for a good laugh (please forgive me) check this out this children's story. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvbDZF4iwQE

    ReplyDelete
  2. The University of Findlay's Mazza Museum is the world's largest collection of original artwork by children’s book illustrators. https://www.mazzamuseum.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! It'll be road trip time once there's a Plague45 vaccine.

      Delete