Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Mood Indigo

I woke in an alta kaka kind of a mood.

Or is that spelled alte kaker or alter kaker or alta kaker or…well, you get the idea. What’s that mean? According to the Jewish English Lexicon site this is an elderly person, old-timer [literally "old shitter"] "A crotchety, fussy, ineffectual old man."

In my case "A crotchety, fussy old broad.” I take issue with that ineffectual bullshit. I think I’m effectual as all hell. Just yesterday, fer fuck’s sake, I took TWO walks, ellipticalled twice and did a couple of my physical therapy exercises. Yes, none of these activities came anywhere near RBG’s famed workout regimen BUT this was way more than I could do the day before so YEA me and shit.

One thing Ten and I did yesterday was hit Fratelli’s. Why? As you well know, CAKE is an antidepressant (TRUTH!) and, in these times, that’s a necessity. Sure, Ten would’ve made the cake trek for me – he knew just what I HAD to have but I wanted a ride in the car and to peruse the baked goods and deli options for myself. I wanted a sense of normalcy…dammit!

Two probs with my big idea.
1) Bix has virtually NO suspension so my poor spine felt EVERY bump, pothole and pebble that we drove over.
        An aside: What IS suspension? Beats the fuck outta me but
, I’m told, it’s what Bix doesn’t have.

2) The good hearted, previously thought of as intelligent, counter folk at Fratelli’s do NOT understand the concept of masks. One clerk kept taking her mask off and putting it back on. The other one wore hers BELOW her nose! I was horrified and would’ve walked out BUT I needed CAKE like a motherfucker. Also, they were behind the display cases so, at least, six feet away. I was probably safe but won’t be going back there until a SAFE (versus 45 pushed) vaccine is out and in wide circulation.

As of yesterday 200,731 Americans have died from the Trump Plague. While his obscene levels of larcenous greed, outrageous lies and spectacular incompetence are responsible for the extreme number of dead Americans, the portion of our population who fall under the Less-Than-Bright column is significant. Yes, even here in blue, blue Massachusetts.

We’re in better shape than Florida, which, over the past seven days, averaged 90 deaths and 2,723 new cases per day. Texas too – they’ve averaged 4,214 fresh cases and 94 deaths per day. Yes, both are far more populous than the Bay State but looka here:

Florida – 89 new cases per 100,000
Texas – 164 new cases per 100,000
Massachusetts – 37 new cases per 100,000 

(all stats from the New York Times COVID page)

37 per 100K isn’t a brag point by any means. We’re paused in the first part of Phase 3 reopening because cases and deaths have risen and continue to do so.

Why?

  • Idiots like Jen’s boss and his golf buddies who thought New Hampshire was “safe,” had a maskless, no distancing indoor party after their tour of the links. ALL but two of these dimbulbed and delusional fucks came down with Plague45 and went on to infect their coworkers, families and friends. The Board of Health has begun an investigation because, apparently, hundreds of new cases have been traced to this outing. Good. I hope every last one of those piles of rich, useless trash are fined into penury.
  • Careless and not ultra bright individuals such as the counter help at Fratelli’s.
  • That imbecilic and obtuse night nurse at MGH.

Thoughtless fools are EVERYWHERE. MASK UP!

Mood Indigo – Duke Ellington

No comments:

Post a Comment