Search This Blog

Friday, October 30, 2020

Four Days and Some Change

I have to believe that Joe and Kamala are gonna win – that WE will win. Yes, I'm fully expecting that, after we win, the MAGAts will come storming out of their comfy suburban bunkers, loaded for bear (or, at the very least, anyone who looks or seems the slightest bit different – AKA not white). I don't anticipate a full blown uncivil war BUT I'm figuring we'll make the Troubles in Ireland look pretty fucking tame.

Actually, I figure the majority of ammosexuals just like how rough 'n' tough they think they look in camo T-shirts with weapons of war slung over their shoulders as they scream their plague germs all over cops and nurses. Gee, how manly...said no one but these tiny dicked morons and their pals.

Enough about that though. I hope we all survive the 82 days until Biden and Harris are sworn in. Considering that the only place I go with any frequency is Mass General Hospital, I should be fine.

Speaking of MGH, I met with my bean surgeon, Fred Barker, yesterday. I was kind of heartened to see that, since last visit (pre-Plague45) he's put on a few pounds. Why did this give me a little happy? Because it's nice to see that I'm not the only one! Jen, Ten, Oni and Hillel NEVER put on so much as an ounce. Swear to fuckin' Bast, either they never overeat (or consume fattening grub) OR they gobble down pizza, ice cream and onion rings and it goes straight to MY belly and butt. Glad I could be of service, fam. NOT!

In any case, the good Doc and I discussed the risks of next surgery. They don't sound terribly dire (left sided weakness – arm and leg) and it's a possibility, not a lock. When I have this next surgery depends on my symptoms. If my current left sided weakness turns out not to be an artifact from my August spine surgery, if it doesn't fade as I PT the shit out of myself, AND it gets worse, I'll have another brain slice 'n ' dice before spring.

Basically I'm in wait and see (over the next few months) mode.  I fucking HATE wait and see mode! I'm just hoping that, by the time I'm back in the OR, the Plague45 vaccine will have come out. 

Rumor and some news reports have it that Massachusetts is shutting down again. GOOD! People have gotten complacent or just plain bored and impatient with being careful. I get it – really I do. BUT I'm not about to lose my life or further banjax this skin suit just so's I can eat out at Fusion Kitchen...fer fuck's sake.

Yesterday alone there were 1,346 new cases of Treasonweasel Plague here in the Bay State. 561 new people needed to be hospitalized. What, the goddamned actual FUCK. Wear your damn masks! Wash your paws and stay six bloody feet back (if you're in my vicinity, keep 12 feet MINIMUM away)!

There was good news from yesterday. My pal Felicity (a fellow Nf2er) will be headed to a nursing/rehab facility right here in my little town. This means I'll get to see her more often – YEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment