Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

REPRIEVE!

I saw my ace neurologist, Scott Plotkin, yesterday morning. This was my what-the-fuck-happens-now follow up appointment after last week’s seizure.

Side note – Up until scribbling out the above sentence, I thought this latest had been my third brain spazmosity. Nope, it was my fourth. The first went down right after I got home from last January’s bean surgery. The second was in September (this is the one that fell outta my head EVEN THOUGH I BLOGGED ABOUT IT!) And the third was at the end of October. They’ve kinda all run together – sheesh.

So, is our hero (THAT’S ME!) headed back in for more craniotomy action and, if so, how soon?

Between the Trumpublican ignored and intensified plague AND the fact that I’ve already had TWO big ass neurosurgeries this year, Doc P. wants to stick with the original plan and wait until spring.

Two cool things:

  • For now, Scott wants to manage my body quakes via magic meds (Keppra). My current, increased anti-seizure dosage is still very low and, should I have more seizures, there’s room to up the levels. Better living through chemistry and shit.
  • INTUITT-Nf2 (the NON slice-me-bean-open option), is still on the table. It wouldn’t, if I get to go this route, eliminate my rat-bastard meningioma BUT it would reduce the size by 20-30%. Yeah, I’d take that over more brain surgery.

All in all, I’m doing well enough that it’s OK to tread water, as Doc P. put it. For now. I need to focus on getting my strength back. Essentially, I’m in training for this spring’s new med and/or surgical events.

Now that Diseased and Drugaddled Don the incontinent, grifting, fraudster and his vile spawn are headed for the dustbin of history (hopefully, court and then jail too), I feel I can relax a bit and focus on the important things in life.

Food trucks, fer instance. Were we not promised taco trucks on every corner if Hillary had won? Does that count for Biden/Harris as well? I sure as hell hope so! Honestly, they’re more important now than ever. There’s no goddamn way I’m gonna eat inside a restaurant until well after the majority of Bay Staters have been vaccinated for Republican’s Disease BUT I need my fish tacos.

While we’re on topic – what about bagel trucks? I mean, c’mon man, you don’t need a ginormous chef’s kitchen to make great bagels.  Like Good Humor trucks, they’ll arrive on my block playing music (the Klezmatics OF COURSE).

By the by, the taco trucks will play Mariachi El Bronx and the like. NATURALLY!

Cuppycake trucks would be a splendid addition as well. Honestly, who doesn’t need a petite iced pastry on a daily basis? What music will herald the Törtchen truck’s arrival? Well, it’s not a mini cake BUT Savoy Truffle would certainly get me up and outta my big, comfy chair, racing down the drive for a dark chocolate frosted, cherry topped tiny gâteau.

And tomorrow is Thanksgiving where I get to eat ALL the pecan pie! OK, mebbe I'll have just one, slim, second slice. I am, after all, in training.

No comments:

Post a Comment