Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2022

A Scalzi Kind of Day

Cake beans

Yesterday was mostly all about John Scalzi and Cake.

First, I began Scalzi's latest book, The Kaiju Preservation Society. Beyond the fact that it’s hilarious, relatable and scary, I’m not giving anything away.

Okay, except for a few priceless quotes I’ve come across so far.

I tried being a vegan for a while, but I couldn’t live without cheese.
They have vegan cheese.
No, they don’t. They have shredded orange and white sadness that mocks cheese and everything it stands for.
THIS!

On the one hand I want to defend vegan cheese. There’s Chao which almost tastes like real cheese (try the tomato cayenne!) and I definitely want to give well-reviewed Violife feta, cheddar and gouda a go. On the other hand, the above statement illustrates the exact reason why I am NOT vegan. Vegan cheese is NOT wondrously awesome PERIOD!

Cheese, ALL flavors, is the best human invention/discovery of all time and I absolutely refuse to give it up!

It was stupidly perfect how all my problems were suddenly solved with the strategic application of money.
Depending on how I’m defining solved at any given moment, this statement can be true…or not. Fer instance, if my problem is that I need more help than I’m already getting from physical therapists so that I can walk unassisted and be in shape for the next onslaught of surgeries, etc…yeah, money would solve the problem. I could hire someone to work with me every day. Extra cabbage would also come in handy for paying all my usual pesky bills.

If the problem is my inability to hear music (which it is EVERY GODDAMN DAY), great piles of greenbacks aren’t gonna do a damn bit of good. More money isn’t going to magically restore my NF2 caused deafness.

It's not the trees, you dense argumentative spoon
Tremendous diss which I’ll have to remember the next time some pedantic, captious cretin comes for me.
So we’re the monster police, too?” I said to Tom.
Correct,” he replied. “The only real question is, who are the monsters?”
They ask that question in every monster movie, you know. It’s an actual trope.
I know,” Tom said. “What does it say about us that it’s relevant every single time they ask it?
Yes. Who are the monsters?

Jen, Oni and I also watched Scalzi’s latest Love, Death & Robots ep.
The new episode “Exit Strategies” welcomes back K-VRC, XBOT 4000, and 11-45-G, the trio of inquisitive droids at the center of “Three Robots,” as they continue their investigation into the cause of the end of the (human) world. (source)

Again, I will not give away the goods. All I’ll say is that it’s fab and, once more, shows that cats are THE best.

On that note, Cake has been a resident of Valhalla for a week now and is continuing to get all comfy. He was feeling peckish at 1:30 this morning and woke Ten up to fix him a snack (which Ten graciously did). Jen brought our furry boy a catnip toy of which he’s quite fond. Cake fell in love with Oni the moment they locked eyes. Me? I’m just here to brush, pat and dispense treats.

He seems to like me or maybe he’s just stoned.

Our totally mellow Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment