Search This Blog

Monday, August 15, 2022

Crush, etc.

My first movie star 🌟 crush was Sidney Poitier in To Sir with Love. I woke from a nap yesterday where Lulu was singing this song to him. DAMN, I loved that song.

Who was your first movie star crush?
~~~
There was a boat parade on Saturday. Normally these things are hoopla laden, the sailboats, mini-yachts and skiffs are dressed up like drag queens at a big party. All the boaters are smiling and waving. It’s fun. This parade, however, was in honor of a young woman, the daughter of a neighbor, who died ten years ago. She was a freshman in college and had, somehow, fallen out of her dorm room window. The parade was, of course,
silent and somber.

I know I’m totally missing the point by wondering how this was at all possible. Mind you, it’s been a solid zillion years since I was in a dorm room but I just can’t imagine how this is happened. All the windows, that I recall, were the type that tilted in at a 45º angle. You’d have to do some serious wiggling (after coating yourself with vegetable oil) to slip out one of those babies. Sure, there were some regular type windows but those all had screens. So, did she fall or was she pushed?
~~~

What is the midwest. It depends on which site you reference. Included in most are:

Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa and North and South Dakota (given their combined population of 1.6 million, these two states should count as just one—representation should go to people NOT land mass. By the by NYC’s population is 8.38 million).

I lived in Western Pennsylvania for, more or less, seven years. The place never felt eastern to me despite the other end of the state being most def east coast. In Western PA, people talked funny—route was pronounced rowt instead of root, aunt was ant, not awnt, soda was pop and on and on. Worst of all, the ocean was a million miles away. The closest big body of water was Lake Erie and that was definitely not a safe place to take a swim. On moving in, I figured we were now in the Midwest but no. We were on the borderline, in what’s considered Appalachia—hillbilly infested, Hatfield and McCoy country. Our little college town was happily, for the most part, spared that reality.

Did you know? Doctor Leonard “Bones” McCoy was a descendant of the fighting McCoy clan. Yes, everything does indeed come back to Star Trek!
~~~
Speaking of celebrity crushes, I've always thought of Captain Picard as a right tasty snack. We're currently watching season two of Picard which is awesome. Patrick Stewart, in real life, is 81. In season 1 Picard was 94 and near death until being reborn in a synthetic body.

I wanna be reborn in a synthetic body! I'd like one that's 20 pounds lighter, neurofibromatosis type 2-free and olive skinned please. Hey, I have a birthday coming up this week. THIS is what I want. C'mon, it's NOT too much to ask. I bet there's a sale on new bods down at Target right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment