Barely slept last night. Note to self: do not read the news right before you intend to shut off the lights and greet the sandman. Also, when you wake, a mere hour and change after finally falling into sweet Morpheus’s arms, do not indulge your treacherous amygdala, hippocampus, and anterior cingulate cortex (ACC). Ignore those motherfuckers. At 2AM they will serve absolute NO productive purpose.
What the fuck is the anterior cingulate cortex (ACC), you ask? It’s an area of the brain that deals with emotional awareness, expression, decision-making, pain management, error detection/conflict monitoring and more. Useful motherfucker, eh? Not so much at 2AM though. IGNORE IT AND GO BACK TO SLEEP!Stray realization — we are now closer in time to 2069 than we are to 1969.
1969 was 57 years ago. Mein Gott! 2069 is only 42 years in the future. Well, not my future — I’d be quite the ancient piece of dusty work if I lived that long.
I do remember 1969 quite clearly. We lived in Bloomington, Indiana (where Daddy was working on his doctorate) and I hated it there. People talked funny and they were all blonde. Just so, so very blonde. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!! I remember the antiwar demonstrations on campus, trying a pot brownie, getting high for the first time (the following year) at 12-years-old, reading Rolling Stone when it was still printed in a tabloid newspaper format. My three favorite albums were the Woodstock soundtrack, Jesus Christ Superstar, and Led Zeppelin I.I wonder if the U.S. will be around in 2069. Frankly, if it is, it’d be shocking. The billionaire puppet master assholes have just about wrecked this joint. We’re teetering on the brink of dissolution. November’s elections are key. Of fucking course they are. We can’t just put in more of the same middle of the road players who will only write strongly worded statements about King Fuckface and his crew’s blatant crimes against humanity.
We need bold, plain speaking, agile beaned, cunning pugilists, like Jasmine Crockett, Elizabeth Warren, Ayanna Pressley, Mark Kelly, Jon Ossoff, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Pramila Jayapal, Jamie Raskin, etc. We NEED to take the House AND the Senate in November. We need smart, crafty, dirty fighters.
And I need a day off from the news and my health bullshit. Maybe a snack and a nap will help?

No comments:
Post a Comment