I’m having mint Oreos for breakfast. I’m an adult – I’m allowed do that!
Jen brought me a few before she and Oni hit the road for the Cape. They’re taking a mini vacay to a beach other than our very own. 
Ya know, it wasn’t until the last decade of the last century that Oreo got the bright marketing idea to make Halloween Oreos (with orange colored vanilla creme insides) and Christmas Oreos (with red or green colored vanilla creme). In the 21st century they broke out with different flavored cremes and even some variations on the biscuit part itself. Huzzah!
I’ve never had Peanut Butter Oreos or White Fudge-Dipped Oreo Thins, Red Velvet ones(red biscuits with cream cheese-flavored creme), Carrot Cake Oreos, Caramel Coconut Oreos (??? Sweet Decadent Christ Almighty, I MUST try these!), Oreo Pistachio Thins, Watermelon or Lemon Oreos.
Available only in China, Hot Chicken Wing and Wasabi Oreo.Yes really and … I may just hurl.
~~~
Yesterday’s PCP appointment? I’m not dying.
Well, in the grand scheme of things and depending on how you look at life on any given day, aren’t we all in the process of dying? I mean, to quote Mr. Zimmerman here “he not busy being born is busy dying” and shit. I suppose I’m being a tad literal.
As long as I’m off on a Dylan tangent, one of my favorite stanza’s of that song/poem, It’s Alright, Ma (I’m Only Bleeding), is this:
My eyes collide head-on with stuffed
Graveyards, false gods, I scuff
At pettiness which plays so rough
Walk upside-down inside handcuffs
Kick my legs to crash it off
Say okay, I have had enough
what else can you show me?
And if my thought-dreams could be seen
They’d probably put my head in a guillotine
But it’s alright, Ma, it’s life, and life only

Bobby was wicked deep man!
Back to my doc visit though – what’s going on with my leg and foot’s a bit of a puzzle. I’m a puzzle and we don’t have all the pieces yet (and, really now, we many never have them). My problems may be resolved after Tuesday’s podiatry procedure when that doc may or may not completely remove my big toenail again (to aid in the elimination of that persistent, stupid, demon infection). At some point after that I can go back to wearing compression socks (whoopee 🙄) which should conceivably ameliorate the leg and foot numbness issues. Anything left over can be chalked up to neurological aftereffects from that surgery where I temporarily lost the full use of my left leg and foot (but never regained complete sense and movement in that foot).
So, we wait and see how things play out. Motherfucking joy.
~~~~
Meanwhile, Tuesday’s Democratic primary in Michigan went nicely!
Dr. Abdul El-Sayed, a progressive epidemiologist born and raised in Southeast Michigan, is the Democratic nominee in the 2026 United States Senate. He’s a Medicare for All, housing, jobs, trade, education, tax the billionaires, money out of politics candidate. I like him!
On top of El-Sayed's win, several other progressive candidates won key legislative and local races in Michigan:
- 7th Congressional District: Will Lawrence (co-founder of the Sunrise Movement) won the Democratic nomination.
- 13th Congressional District: State lawmaker Donavan McKinney
- 8th State House District: Chris Gilmer-Hill
- 29th State Senate District: Abbie Groff-Blaszak
- Ann Arbor Mayoral Race: Former state Representative and Democratic Socialist Yousef Rabhi
Just a plug here for Maine’s senate candidate, Troy Jackson. Like El-Sayed, Jackson is a progressive who is pro-Medicare for All, tax the billionaires, abolish ICE and more. VOTE JACKSON! Get rid of Trump’s little helper, Collins.
No comments:
Post a Comment