Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Not HeHe

Our little boy Cake had a doctor’s appointment on Monday. He was having some peeing problems. Poor old kitten. Poor us – there’s been lots of extra incontinence inspired laundry. 

The vet says he has a UTI (Christ almighty, I can relate to that!) and gave him a shot. Cake seems to be feeling better and isn’t leaking all over the place anymore. Yea!

Today’s my turn at the (human) vet but not for pee probs (thank Bast!). It’s, in part, a general check up with my PCP but also a what-the-mothingfucking-fuck about my seemingly never ending toe issue (my podiatrist is on vacay – I'll see him next week). The infection, after a month and a half on antibiotics, pulled a big zombie act yesterday.

I mean, what’s it gonna take to get rid of this persistent undead damned infection? Molotov cocktails? Should we nuke it from space? Do I need to fly a microscopic X-wing into it and fire proton torpedoes? I need to know!

Now then, I’ve survived eight brain surgeries, four spine ops, seven eye procedures, TONS of radiation (I swear I glow in the dark now), and have been on a chemo med for five years or so (to stabilize and possibly reduce the size of some of my tumors in order to obviate MORE surgeries) but a fucking TOE infection is gonna take me down? You’ve GOT to be fucking kidding me. Also, I don’t *think* so!

My biggest fear is that I’ll be kept in the hospital for a couple days while they pump gallons of industrial strength antibiotics into my veins and then take off my whole toenail AGAIN. Been there, done that already. Please find a new trick that works this time!

Know what the worst part of today is gonna be? Driving into downtown and paying ridiculously high parking garage rates. We’d SO take the T if I was easily mobile!

Alright, enough kvetching. Here, have some memes while I go pack an overnight bag in case the docs keep me.

No comments:

Post a Comment