Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Turtle's Treasures

The good and bad thing about traveling incredibly light -- I don’t need to move to a larger 
 house or create a museum so that I'm able to contain all the awesome stuff I see and want to take home from my travels.

Last weekend I visited Jenny Jones at her home in Phoenix, Arizona. Her husband owns a vintage shop and I was wildly keen on going there. I wasn’t prepared for the mother lode of awesomeness that I found -- stunningly beautiful furniture with astoundingly reasonable prices.
And, yes indeedy, the question “can you ship” escaped my mouth. The Amazing Bob™ has a very strict rule for our tiny cottage though -- if I bring something new home I have to get rid of something equal in size. Impulse buying has become a thing of the past. 

The other fabulous bit -- tie dye! Yes, for those of us who enjoy lots of rich color with organic abstracty shape and forms there is some wild goods to be had -- all created by the owners buds. This being the one thing that I could bring home -- it fit into my backpack AND I didn't need to get rid of something in order to shoehorn it into our home. 

Win!

Turtles Treasures 2133 E. Indian School Road Phoenix, AZ 85016 (602)374-8317
http://www.turtles-treasures.com/









No comments:

Post a Comment