Search This Blog

Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Official

Summer’s over.

Erin may not have dropped her sprog yet (which, according to The Amazing Bob, guarantees six more weeks of summer weather) but the calendar’s telling me that it’s time to break out sweaters and socks.

This is my favorite time of year. Everything feels fresh and exciting.

I can take long trike rides and walks without dissolving into a vast pool of funky-ass, stinky sweat.
Family vaca season is over so there are far fewer people on the Pike -- my drives out to Hoosick Falls will be free of traffic jams.
Rest stops/service plazas won't be packed with short folk (kids) all cranked up from long car rides, zooming around like overheated atomic particles, pinballing off poor, tippy strangers sending them crashing, gracelessly of course, to the ground (that's ME!).
The crispness of the morning air excites me -- makes me want to exercise and even think, yet again, about going for a dawn run versus walk.
And I truly love snuggling under that extra quilt at night.

Here are some pics from the weekend walks and trike rides.
Fishermen on the Nut Island Pier with Peddocks Island beyond



No comments:

Post a Comment