Search This Blog

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Gotta Remember to THINK

AND chill. Chill-age is molto importante.

Life is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel.
~ Jean Racine

But, but, BUT what about those who think AND feel, such as, ya know, yurs truly? Does this mean I’m in the midst of my very own dramedy? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind anyone? The Truman Show? Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events? Hmmm, I seem to be on a Jim Carrey path here. Time to hit the library. I just found out that, when I check out a DVD I can keep it for two whole weeks – WOW!

Lately, with all the mondo escrementi that’s makin’ a beeline for the fan, it’s getting harder to think calmly and clearly. I hit panic mode daily and have to nudge myself to move into I’ve got this mode.

You must go on. I can't go on. I'll go on.
~ Samuel Beckett, The Unnamable

Yup. AKA, I've got this!
Your mind is working at its best when you're being paranoid.
You explore every avenue and possibility of your situation at high speed with total clarity.
~ Banksy, Banging Your Head Against a Brick Wall

In that case, I must be in absolutely PRIMO shape right now.

Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.
~ Steve Jobs 
I’m thinking Byzantine versus a Morris Louis or a Rothko and yeah, wut Steve said.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
~ Corrie Ten Boom, Clippings from My Notebook 

Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.
~ Marcus Aurelius

The benefit of carrying the entire world on your shoulders was that you didn’t have to stare it in the face.
~ Rhian J. Martin, A Different Familiar 

Just FYI, in case ya didn't notice, the world, maybe especially outside my immediate reality, is a homely motherfucker right now. I'm not real keen on staring at its ugly mug at the mo.

The law of centrifugal force seems to be as true for the human condition as it is for the Newtonian mechanics. The faster our lives spin, the more things tend to fly apart.”
~ Richard Paul Evans, Lost December

This is what I fear most, that, while I’m taking one step at a time, everything else is gonna fall apart, fly off into space. While I’m attending to Problem A, Problems B through E will boil over and…dunno…destroy the universe.

Yes, that could well happen BUT it probably won't. Some stuff will fall through the cracks. Some bits will shit the bed. That's inevitable and I need to accept this. There are only so many cans of troubled, wiggly worms one can juggle at once. Still, all in all, I'm gonna be OK.

I've got this.

2 comments:

  1. There's another saying I heard somewhere -- If you see ten problems in the distance coming down the road toward you, nine of them will probably run into the ditch before they reach you.

    And another -- Worry is interest paid in advance on a debt that may never come due.

    Humans can't help fretting, of course, but looking back, I'm amazed at how much time I spent in worry about things that later turned out to be trivial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm doing my level best to just see what's in front of me, stay focused andnot worry. *sigh* I CAN do this!

      Delete