Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Observations

Today’s big question: will I or won’t I go home today. Doc Coumans wanted me to stay until they could get my pain more under control. Scream inducing spasms were pretty much nonexistent BUT I still had an ep or two of forcefully voiced, Get me some morphine NOW!

So...who knows? I expect the good doctor will be around shortly and imagine I’ll get the “yes you’re free to fly” or “let’s wait and see” then. I HATE waiting!

And now some observations from my visit here at Health Central.
1) The nurses here are universally stellar. One exception is the post surgery ICU nurse. I had sudden EXTREME motherfucking, monster pain spasms and, as any sentient being would, I screamed. She did her job in aiding me BUT repeatedly instructed me NOT to scream. My reply, when I could catch a breath between kill-me-now spasms? The fuck I’m supposed to do? I’m on serious PAIN woman!
  • Is she a survivor of childhood abuse, told not to scream whilst atrocities were underway?
  • Is she an ultra demure republican type who feels, deep in her bones, that women must always be calm and smile through suffering?
  • Did my screams scare her? Did she think I was gonna morph into a fire breathing dragon (wouldn’t that be cool!).
Dunno but mayhaps she oughta rethink her career choice OR get some therapy.
2) My room is gorgeous. There’s a lovely, big couch in case anyone wants to stay overnight. It’s a single room with three enormous windows. No view of the Charles BUT there’s an awesome bamboo garden below. I see the feathery tops swaying in the breeze and, of course, the sky is always calming. 
3) Let’s talk food—I was dreading the dearth of veggie offerings. Last time I was here for a big ass stay there was precious little I could eat. Now? They have a full veg menu, it’s even vegan friendly. AND, mein gott, the food is FAB. Restaurant worthy even. I’ve had a weensy to non existent appetite until yesterday and I may be booted home today. I’d have a sad about this but Master Chef Oni is at home, already planning meals.
Yes, I am one very lucky old broad.

No comments:

Post a Comment