Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

So, I've been thinking...

She doesn't look terribly happy – do she?!
Ridiculous snot-twadledom
Ya know, with all the time I’ve spent flat on my back lately, (like 95% of my days), I’ve had loads of time to think on a bazillion and one half issues.

One bit pressing on my bean is, who should run in 2020. I love Harris, Warren, Biden and Booker BUT:
A) I strongly believe that the candidate should be be someone who will be 65 or younger on Inauguration Day.
B) I wanna nip the fascist/gifter/republican “coastal elite” bullshit right in the get-going bud.
C) The ticket just cannot be all white. That doesn’t represent real America – it's the '50s era fantasy, “Father Knows Best” warthog shit that the temper tantrumy toddler FGR party has never gotten over.
After much cogitation I landed on Tammy Duckworth, the U.S. Senator of Illinois, with Beto O’Rourke, the U.S. Representative for Texas’s 16th congressional district, as VP. Both are from middle America – one in the North, the other in the South

Duckworth’s father was American, her mother Chinese and she was born in Bangkok.
So, is she eligible to run?
The constitution lays out three requirements:
  • he or she must be a natural born citizen of the U.S.,
  • must be at least 35 years old
  • must have been living in the U.S. for at least 14 years. (source)
Look at Ted Bozo Cruz, most hated man in the Senate * (by OTHER  fascist/grifter/republican Senators and members of the House) he was born in Canada to a Cuban father and American mother (demons masquerading as humans actually) and he was eligible to run for Prez.

Duckworth’s father was a military man, Army, as was she. She’s smart as all fucking hell, holding:
A) Bachelor of Arts in political science,
B) A Master of Arts in international affairs from George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs.
AND
C) A PhD in Human Services at Capella University in March 2015.
Duckworth knows the score, she’s articulate, charismatic, impressive in all hell, she’s, not just survived but triumphed over ungodly adversity, is a razor sharp wordsmith (unlike preznint grade school humor, stupid head) and understands the beauty of diplomacy versus war (also very much unlike preznint dictator wannabe, chicken hawk, saber rattler, blowhard). Plus she’s a woman and she ain’t white.

Here’s a great quote from her that tells me she’s the one:
“When I see myself wearing those legs (her prosthetics, made and painted to look just like her old, blown off pins) in a mirror, I see loss. But when I see this”—she gestures toward the steel-and-titanium prosthesis attached to her thigh above her right knee—“I see strength. I see a reminder of where I am now.” Same thing with her wheelchair. “People always want me to hide it in pictures. I say no! I earned this wheelchair. It’s no different from a medal I wear on my chest. Why would I hide it?” (source) 
Then there’s Beto. He’s got charisma in spades, he’s smart (Columbia University – no place for lazy slouch brained shit-for-brains), he’s well rounded, eloquent, compassionate, musical!  and well informed, (again, unlike the dimbulbed Velveeta Vulgarian).

So look  this is MY dream team. Who’s yours?

* Cruz may be losing that crown to Tom I-Couldn't-BE- more-of-an-idiot Cotton

8 comments:

  1. O'Rourke does seem to attract enthusiasm from many different elements of the party. Being able to unite our own side is important -- as 2016 showed.

    Stacey Abrams is showing she's a fighter who tells it like it is.

    I have to admit I don't know much about Duckworth.

    But really I think it's too early to say. There are two years to go. The 2020 candidate may be someone who isn't even on anybody's radar right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS too soon. Hillel and I were spending our time, before they wheeled me off to surgery last Tuesday, trying to come up with a winning team. It was s good distraction.

      Stacey Abrams, I gotta read more about her. From what little I know, I like her.

      Delete
  2. I haven't decided yet. I sort of want to see how the Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez wing of the party handles itself over the next couple of years. They're potentially a really good thing for the Democrats, but they could go off the rails or lose their way.

    I am thrilled that there's a new generation of governors that was swept into power a couple weeks back, because that's where the new blood is probably going to come from in the long term.

    I have a friend from Illinois (who is a Republican) who loves Tammy Duckworth. His opinion carries weight with me, so I'd be more than willing to give her a listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pray to Bast that Sanders and Clinton don't run again. She's already said she wouldn't -- haven't heard the same from him. Not only are they both too old, IMHO, we SO can't afford to succumb to the republican/ grifter/fascist engineered bullshit rending of the Left. Hells bells,
      were divided enough already.

      I WISH Ocasio-Cortez was old enough and experienced enough to run in, say, the vp slot. I like her a LOT.

      Delete
  3. One thing to keep in mind is that we don't have two years to think about this. Unlike in more sensible countries that limit their presidential electioneering to a few months at most, the US campaigns get going at least a year ahead of time (and really, the positioning is going to start right after the new year). So we don't have time for newcomers to create a track record. This has been a problem for the Dems for the last couple of decades. We've put all our eggs into the presidential basket (until recently) rather than taking the time to develop a bench.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone want to make book on how long 'till we hear "the presumptive nominee"?

      Delete
    2. Hah! I think that's JUST about already happened --- Warren with Beto as VP. Now, I LURVS my senator BUT I want her to stay here and senetorize. She's a brill human and has scads more charisma than Clinton but that ain't saying much.

      Delete
    3. HSB: thinking about it's GOT to begin NOW--agreed. Also yes, we now have a back bench. More of this please!

      Delete