Search This Blog

Monday, June 17, 2019

Everything's Just Beachie

We came across an ISBW (International Seagullhood of Beach Workers) meeting
Yesterday was a grey day with occasional rain BUT it was still gorgeous. Of course it was – it’s June after all. Weather-wise, this may well be my favorite month – right now, this year anyway. All the trees are fully, beautifully leaved, flowers are perky as fuck, it’s not too hot out and the odd chill in the air is sweetly welcome.

Ten and I motored down to Stars for his Happy Father’s Day brekkie and then on to Nantasket for a walk. Ya know, if I had the buckos, I’d have a second home on the water in Hull. I hear you – Donna, you live on the water already! Yes but this is different water! My bay is generally VERY calm which is GOOD. Still, variety is a lovely spice, ya know?

Nantasket has slightly taller waves. I like waves. I like watching sunlight playing on the crests and in the curls of those babies. I could sit on the shore (or a nice oceanside porch) all day, mesmerized.

I lurvs watching the surf riders too. None out yesterday though. Nantasket's a pretty tame venue for them. Generally, ‘cept after a big storm, there's no heavy, clean action. For the pro level wave jockeys, I'm guessing, this is about as exciting as a bathtub.
Old (Ultra Sexy) Man and the Sea?
Are there any good spots in Massachusetts for surfing? Yes. Reportedly:
  1. Coast Guard Beach in Eastham and and Marconi Beach in Wellfleet – both on the Cape
  2. Cisco Beach, Nantucket
  3. Good Harbor Beach up in Gloucester
but I suspect the action’s more thrilling down Rhode Island way. (and on employing Mister Google, I see that I’m correct on this)

Back at Nantasket though – I find myself in Daydreamsville this morning. I’ve been checking real estate prices – looking into the cost of a vaca/weekend crib. I could get a 696 square foot one bed/one bath, across the street from the ocean for 189 large. There’s a two bed/two bath 1,173 square foot crib, also across the street from the water for 319 Gs. OR, for a bit over a cool mil, I could have a sweet three bed, three bath 2763 square foot mansion RIGHT ON THE BEACH!

Did I mention that this is all happening on Fantasy Island? Still, it’s awesome to imagine picking up that small one. We'd have a nearby, regular get away on a different beach AND, bonus here, I could Airbnb this baby for some always needed spare dosh. Maybe I could even make the joint pay for its ownself through rentals? Yup, the imagination's totes off leash this morning.

As for the season...I fully reserve the right to pick September as my fave when it rolls around. There’s something wonderfully sweet about summer’s end. NOT gonna rush this tremendous late spring though. Nope. I'm, fer reals, being here now and shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment