Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2019

Dream World

Lately, my sleepy-time moviolas have been all about painting. Well, mostly.

I've also dreamed that my sister Celeste, a fellow Nf2er, and I had taken small, superfluous parts of our brains, combined them, pureed them and put them in a red plastic, diner-style ketchup container. We were feeding this to a bumble bee and a cricket. Why?

Well, we wanted to see if our brains made them smarter I guess. Now, I totally get that bees and crickets are as smart as they need to be but...dunno, wouldn't it be awesome if they could fight back against our destruction of their habitat?

Wouldn't it be awesome if the power and money mad suits woke up and gave a damn about what their greed is doing to the planet? Maybe a 60 foot, angry bumblebee can go have a chat with the fucking lot of them, huh?

I believe Celeste and I were also interested in seeing how Mr. Bee and Ms. Cricket would deal with Nf2 . Ya know, give us (and our docs) some new ideas. Why not?
Next dream. Jen was learning how to fly a 747. Why? //shrugs// Why not? This may have something to do with her imminent departure for a west coast vacay. In the dream though, she'd just landed. I climbed into the cockpit to find out how this, her first solo flight, went. OK though she lost air pressure for a bit. No big.

The painting dreams:
A  row of joints, carnival tents, set in an open field. It was the sunrise – an electric, fiery one. I didn't dream a real carnival at a real daybreak but a painting of it. A watercolor. On waking, I sketched it out here in computer land so that I'd remember and be able to paint it later. I'm not a watercolorist, so this'll be an interesting fun challenge.

The next one was of a nude male sitting on a stool with his back to me. His posture was erect (other bits may've been too BUT, like I said, he was facing away from me), his musculature was picked out in electric colors. SORT of along the lines of this latest canvas but more realistic – as realistic as I ever get anyway.

Time to stretch a new canvas or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment