Search This Blog

Saturday, October 5, 2019

Trips

I dreamed that I was flying into San Francisco only it looked more like a desert. One whose sand glittered bronze and gold in the setting sun. Small, widely spaced houses dotted the landscape.

Why was I headed to SF and WHY did it look more like Tombstone, Arizona? I was, amongst other things visiting my old friend Tim but why it resembled Tombstone versus the lush, populous, green bayside city escapes my ken. (possibly it's because I'm missing my friend Jenny who lives near Tombstone?)

The main deal is that I wanted Tim to stay the night at my hotel. We’d have snacks, play boardgames and talk late into the night. It’d be a slumber party (no. That's NOT a euphemism) for two!

What’s this dream really about? What’s it telling me? Possibly, that I’m in need of some fun travel where I see good, old chums.

Foliage status as of yesterday
 Ten and I had planned another visit to see Cindy and Giovanni in upstate Vermont. After a fab din-din and lively convo we’d head out to Yurt Central (AKA Quilcy Farms, AKA Valhalla North) to bed down in the gloriously sylvan, bucolic, nobody-around-‘cept-us-goats yurt. We’d leaf peep like mad and, on the way home, stop at a zillion farm stands.

Sadly, reality came crashing in so we’ll have to make do with local foliage goggling and Massachusetts farm stand produce.(there ARE farms here. Really!) Consolingly, Cindy wrote saying that, with nights getting down into the LOW 30s, she didn’t think the yurt was terribly yurt-able. Ah, good to know. They are installing a wood stove though SO I believe winter yurting is in the cards!

Our next trip might involve a train (NO driving, yea!) down to NYC to visit my nephew Logan. He’s just transferred from college in Amsterdam to The New School in Manhattan. Can you imagine two more exciting places to be at the age of 20?

After that? In early spring we’ll fly into San Francisco (fer reals this time) possibly rent a small RV and head east (and then north) for another kind of peeping – giant sequoias and redwoods! We'll cross over into Oregons high desert where we'll visit Ten's, now adult, kids and grands.

And I may actually get to see Tim in SF (but no slumber party). Hopefully Craig and Sarah too!
Old Friends –Simon and Garfunkel