Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

OH, but the wind!

Sunny day here in the land of ice and snow but windy as all hell. Given my recent, grossly increased tippiness (goddamned monster meningioma in mein bean!) Jen ixnayed taking a wee hike around the lava fields. Also too, no walkies to the neighboring BIG lagoon for lunchie and people watching.

Ya see, she knows that, if we went outside, within minutes of feeling the savage, searing wind on my face I'd be crying and hiding behind large lava boulders for protection. She'd end up having to drag/push/carry me back to our Silica home. That'd be no fun for either of us...duh.

Jen – she's WAY smarter (or smahta if you're from Da Bean) than me. I woulda been out there having thought gee, it didn't feel this bitingly cold and windy when we were floating in the geothermally toasty lagoon.

Also, she was NOT swayed by me mocking her sense of adventure. Our Jen's no fool OR I maybe I just make a radically unconvincing, weak-ass bully?

Gorgeous day – why no one in the lagoon? Oh yeah, 30 mph winds.
The hotel decorated the indoor lava heaps with twinkly Xmas lights. I LOVE this place!
We'll be out there soaking and floating again later!

No comments:

Post a Comment