Search This Blog

Monday, January 6, 2020

Randomosity

The Word for the Day yesterday was orbicular like an orb; circular; ringlike; spherical; rounded. I just love how that sounds in my head – magical and just like what it’s describing.

I RILLY have no idea what I’m doing in Paintingville right now. I’m trying something new – attempting to capture, in bands of color, the rhythms of the sunlight as it glints off the waves, the shadows in the troughs, the mid-tones of the voluptuous swells. I’m floundering BUT not disheartened. This is a journey – while the end’s not in view, I’m enjoying the sights along the way…and shit.

You’ve just got to be fucking shitting me! Birthday cake flavored Froot Loops?!! Why not just sit your kid down for brekkie with a bowl of straight fructose?

Froot Loops, by the by, touts its delicious fruity taste, fruity aroma, and bright colors. Weasel wording. There’s no actual fruit in standard, regular old Froot Loops let alone in B-Day Cake Loops (which is advertised as having a strawberry cake flavor – ¿que?). Also too, the different colors of those loops? NOT indicative of unique, simulated fruit tastes. Nope.
If you fainted into your cereal bowl after reading that, you’re not alone. We’ve all been misled by those tempting lime green, orange, purple, yellow and red loops into thinking they are lime, orange, grape, lemon and cherry and/or strawberry flavored, when, in fact, they all the same flavor. That flavor? “Froot,” which according to Wikipedia, stems from “a blend of fruit flavors.” (source
AKA chemicals…sugar frosted chemicals. Yum.

So, is there birthday cake in birthday cake Froot Loops? Fuckin’ of course not, mes amis! It’s nothing but a bowl of dull sugary lies.

Ten and I motored out to Walden on New Year’s morning as we did last year. A walk around the pond and through the dense forest seemed a perfect way to kick off 2020. Except, except…while the latest snow had thoroughly melted here on the bay in Valhalla things were a tad different west of the city.

The blanket of snow had decreased in the less frigid temps BUT it now sported a crust of unwalkable (if yur me and I am) ice. That and there was a stiff breeze coming off Mr. Thoreau’s pond, threatening to knock me off my pins. Bummer!

All the same it was beautiful and Ten provided me with brill stabilizing support (of both the emotional and physical varieties. Have I mentioned lately that I’m deep in LURV?). We’ll hit Walden again in March, after the ice is safely past tense and I’ve had some recovery and rehab action.

No comments:

Post a Comment